All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My problem is that its very hard to post or reply. Almost always the proper screen doesn't appear when you hit reply. Then I have to hit reply with quote again and more than half the time the screen appears for a half a second then disappears. I have to log off the internet completely and go back in to try again. It actually won't let me post at all without quoting another post.
    Not sure if there is a problem with my computer but I never had anything like this in the old boards.
    Its definately causing me to use the boards less.
    Also it won't let me edit posts at all. When I hit edit, a screen comes up that has a box for "reason for the edit" but won't let me type anything.
    Its a screwed up situation.
    Ok thanks guys .. every thing you guys just added happens to me as well.....and it may be a browser issue as JP suggests....its like the the board go's into sleep mode while I'm typing something out or reading and hangs when I navigate away and you have wait till it wakes up... part of me thinks its the anti phishing which is part of norton anti virus...I'm gonna try shutting that off for a while today and see....they have to know these things are happening no?

one thing I'm trying now is in my browser tools menu under Internet options/ security under trusted sites I added giants .com and unchecked server verification (https)....this site loads as http I don't know what the s stands for...I'll let you know how it go's
    Last edited by byron; 08-08-2012 at 12:09 PM.

All-Pro
    they locked the Eli thread ....damn !....dh lost his cool last night...

All-Pro
    Also Pats has been trying to get back on line here he applied for a new account he thinks the mods don't like him ....its been a week or two for him

All-Pro
    Also Pats has been trying to get back on line here he applied for a new account he thinks the mods don't like him ....its been a week or two for him

he has been posting on the ff site...

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    part of me thinks its the anti phishing which is part of norton anti virus...
    one thing I'm trying now is in my browser tools menu under Internet options/ security under trusted sites I added giants .com and unchecked server verification (https)....this site loads as http I don't know what the s stands for...I'll let you know how it go's
    I havent run any anti-virus since 2005. never had a problem with my computers other than them eventually slowing down and becoming obsolete due to old parts. Those anti virus suites have always been such memory/resource hogs. Plus, who knows if they cause problems with regular internet usage like yorue suggesting, cuz i sure as hell dont know lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I havent run any anti-virus since 2005. never had a problem with my computers other than them eventually slowing down and becoming obsolete due to old parts. Those anti virus suites have always been such memory/resource hogs. Plus, who knows if they cause problems with regular internet usage like yorue suggesting, cuz i sure as hell dont know lol
    ms IE 9..has phishing built in also all I can tell ya is.. it checks to see if sites are on the up and up /not fake ...its smart screen fliter in my case.....again I'm just trying to maybe pin point something before i smash this ****ing thing inadvertently

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    they locked the Eli thread ....damn !....dh lost his cool last night...
    Its always the same, a handful of so called "Eli homers" have to call people every name in the book when they dare to suggest that Eli isn't quite a HOF'r yet. Its a boring and predictable cycle.

420 is the worst of them but its usually the same posters every time.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its always the same, a handful of so called "Eli homers" have to call people every name in the book when they dare to suggest that Eli isn't quite a HOF'r yet. Its a boring and predictable cycle.

420 is the worst of them but its usually the same posters every time.
    I know ...lol....I just check in to see who's gonna blow up first

Jeter needs just eight to match Aaron’s record of 17 consecutive seasons with at least 150 hits.

All-Pro
    hey Jp the reason I keep AV software it to protect passwords a such ....my wife does banking and such with this thing ...and presently my daughter who works at a bank well she and my wife decided it would be cool if Dad had access to my account god love'em.....how safe is it without the AV software I guess is worry...throughts?