+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #136551
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    The one thing I don't get about all this voting butthurt is the fact that we have 11 voters right? if 6 people vote one way why does someone else care if they missed the vote? it's not like they could have changed the outcome if they were to have voted anyhow.

    for example I want Flex right? if 7 people voted standard while I wasn't around like over the weekend or something, I come on and see the league switched to standard im not gonna get all butthurt that I missed it because....obviously if enough people voted to finalize the vote then my vote didn't matter anyhow.
    na if majority gets the vote, then the vote ends. We don't continue it

  2. #136552
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Matt didnt respond when I posted this about this yesterday.....he quoted and replied to like everything EXCEPT that.... >.<
    haha didn't see it...

    Melk man delivered and he will still play more games than Gardenerthis year

  3. #136553
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,194
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    haha didn't see it...

    Melk man delivered and he will still play more games than Gardenerthis year
    lol.....ooook then....

    I'm fairly indifferent about the use of PEDs in sports....i used to super opposed to it like the majority(i assume), but these days, it's hard to stand that ground.

    I was watching some stand up, Daniel Tosh....and he was like:
    we NEED steroids in sports....baseball specifically. who wants to watch a pitching duel!?!?
    We'll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' name, sure, as soon as we put one next to Babe Ruth's name. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me, where is that asterisk? Why don't people talk about that?

    lol...i mean the guy is a tool, but im inclined to agree with him.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #136554
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,649
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    na if majority gets the vote, then the vote ends. We don't continue it
    No kidding :P

    my point is that certain people in the league get ****ing pissed when a vote happens and is finalized before they see it, they get legit angry because they didn't get to vote.

    but my point is why do they get angry?...obviously whether they voted or not makes literally no difference what so ever because there were enough votes to pass whatever it was before they saw it...you know what I'm saying? I don't understand...why get pissed at something you can't change, it's like being angry that the sun is so bright or the sky is blue.....what is, is. why get all angry.

  5. #136555
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,945
    So can we hurry up and pick a format so I can draft McCoy

  6. #136556
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,194
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    No kidding :P

    my point is that certain people in the league get ****ing pissed when a vote happens and is finalized before they see it, they get legit angry because they didn't get to vote.

    but my point is why do they get angry?...obviously whether they voted or not makes literally no difference what so ever because there were enough votes to pass whatever it was before they saw it...you know what I'm saying? I don't understand...why get pissed at something you can't change, it's like being angry that the sun is so bright or the sky is blue.....what is, is. why get all angry.
    because they are taken out of the democratic process. Fine, i guess I wont vote for your candidate in the presidential elections, since my vote wont count on such a grand scale anyway!!
    =]
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #136557
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,233
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lol.....ooook then....

    I'm fairly indifferent about the use of PEDs in sports....i used to super opposed to it like the majority(i assume), but these days, it's hard to stand that ground.

    I was watching some stand up, Daniel Tosh....and he was like:
    we NEED steroids in sports....baseball specifically. who wants to watch a pitching duel!?!?
    We'll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' name, sure, as soon as we put one next to Babe Ruth's name. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me, where is that asterisk? Why don't people talk about that?

    lol...i mean the guy is a tool, but im inclined to agree with him.
    Considering African Americans only make up around 8.5% of the league, I disagree. Tosh is funny as hell, but sometimes he misses completely.

  8. #136558
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,233
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    haha didn't see it...

    Melk man delivered and he will still play more games than Gardenerthis year
    Yea, he should of stuck to drinking milk. He cheated

  9. #136559
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,649
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    because they are taken out of the democratic process. Fine, i guess I wont vote for your candidate in the presidential elections, since my vote wont count on such a grand scale anyway!!
    =]
    I mean I see what you are saying and when it comes to the selection of the next president of the united states it's a very important thing.

    but whether the league is "MMB Standard" or "Flex" really you are going to get angry you didn't take part in the process even though if you had the results would have been the same?

    I don't know I just don't get it, if a vote was done over the weekend and I missed it and came back to find it was passed I might ask who voted for what....but if it passed it passed...nothing I can do no reason to get angry.

  10. #136560
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,194
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Considering African Americans only make up around 8.5% of the league, I disagree. Tosh is funny as hell, but sometimes he misses completely.
    yes, but over the course of history, its a different story. Look at the majority of the record holders in baseball basketball and football. i think the books speak for themselves.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts