+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    That went over my head.... where did you see 12%?
    This is what happens where you join the middle of a conversation and fail to understand what everybody's talking about.
    Chalk it up to my A.D.D.
    Get well soon 80.

And Im saying the level of competition wouldnt have dramatically changed the game like you are suggesting. Its not like when segregation in baseball ended aas started to flood the league. It makes no sense
    I'm sorry dezz, i just feel youre missing the point. lol
    If baseball would have always been desegregated, black & hispanic athletes could definitely have had a MUCH bigger impact than what you see in the record books.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

THEY ALL ROIDED!! cept jr. COME ON PIZZLE!
    Jr. is my favorite player of all time, hands down...and damn right! lol
    roids were around back then...never know what would have been different. things being different is pretty much the whole point of the argument lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    It's a pointless comparison, everyone is bigger and stronger now compared to the 1920's you bring even run of the mill players from now back to then and they would put up numbers that are silly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    And it's not just about race either, Dezz. it's about sample size. <br>
    Let's take the best HR hitters of the past 20 years or so...<br>
    Let's say <u>Mcgwire, Griffey, Bonds, Sosa, A-Rod,</u> etc....you think if they played in the 1920s-30s with the same statistics, that anyone would still think Babe Ruth would have been as dominant in his era? or would it have been more spread out like it is nowadays?
    And why wouldnt he still be as dominate if they played in his day? If Granderson hits 40 hr, it has no effect batista will hit 40. Babe competed against Gerhig( one of the best hitters ever) every game.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    It's a pointless comparison, everyone is bigger and stronger now compared to the 1920's you bring even run of the mill players from now back to then and they would put up numbers that are silly ridiculous.
    sure....and whether you want to bring race into it or not to avoid awkward or politically correct conversation (which clearly i dont give a **** about lol), black players are better athletes 95% of the time. Just so happens that nowadays they all get into football and basketball, so they have a much smaller pop in baseball.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I like that we're at least having a sports conversation in here for once as opposed to this stupid fantasy football league lol...

But don't write off my points so easily! It's an interesting thought to see how our all-time statistics in sports could have been....at least interesting to me...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    sure....and whether you want to bring race into it or not to avoid awkward or politically correct conversation (which clearly i dont give a **** about lol), black players are better athletes 95% of the time. Just so happens that nowadays they all get into football and basketball, so they have a much smaller pop in baseball.
    I don't know if I agree with that 100%, I think football and basketball lend themselves to what African Americans? are better at, I think in baseball their particular skill set doesn't benefit them as greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I don't know if I agree with that 100%, I think football and basketball lend themselves to what African Americans? are better at, I think in baseball their particular skill set doesn't benefit them as greatly.
    it's possible. the numbers have declined over the past decade in a half i guess. not that it was ever a huge % of players or anything.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    So am I gonna be able to watch the redzone channel on my cable vision now? I have like some premium package...I think this is gonna be awesome.

+ Reply to Thread