+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    oh, you mean ALL the good baseball players? lol
    Thats such a dumb comment. If theyre the "good" ball players why dont they take up the majority of the league?

These stereotypes are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I checked channel 150 last night nothing came up (even if you don't have it it'll come up if it's there and tell you to buy it) but it's likely they just haven't gone forward with it yet, they did just sign the contract yesterday, I'll check my parents house tomorrow since I'm gonna be up there anyhow.

Matt, Wingfest is tomorrow, you are 5 minutes from the house WALKING, if you don't stop by I'm gonna be disappointed....it goes from 10AM till 3AMish sunday...there is no excuse for not showing up for 5 minutes.
    Besides the fact that I'll be in rhode island? Lol

Nfl network isn't suppose to start until today, and I'm not sure jersey gets it. Plus u have to have the silver, gold, or sports package

Whats this "black unicorn"? Did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Thats such a dumb comment. If theyre the "good" ball players why dont they take up the majority of the league?

These stereotypes are stupid.
    Pizz is exaggerating but it's true thy half the league wouldn't of been allowed to play in Ruth's day. And as for the best players, all u have to do is look at all star rosters and do the simple math. More than half the Allstars arent white.

Keep in mind Jeter wouldn't be able to play either

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Pizz is exaggerating but it's true thy half the league wouldn't of been allowed to play in Ruth's day. And as for the best players, all u have to do is look at all star rosters and do the simple math. More than half the Allstars arent white.

yea, im not sure why Dezz didn't get my point yesterday. It's simple. if the players who play today were allowed to play in ruth's era, the record books would be different.
    idk what's so hard to understand about that. Dezz made it a race thing...but it's not....its about an innaccurate sample size.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

To me the Golden Age of baseball was the 60's into the early 70's. You had a time where ALL players (white, black hispanic) were allowed to play MLB, and still all the good athletes were playing baseball. Now they gravitate to football and basketball.
    There was nothing like Roberto Clemente who was just about the best player I ever saw.
    Baseball in the early years was restricted and therefore all the best players weren't playing. And now its all about power and hitting HR's and no one can throw a baseball for God's sakes. Everyone is jacked. The art of baseball is dead.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To me the Golden Age of baseball was the 60's into the early 70's. You had a time where ALL players (white, black hispanic) were allowed to play MLB, and still all the good athletes were playing baseball. Now they gravitate to football and basketball.
    There was nothing like Roberto Clemente who was just about the best player I ever saw.
    Baseball in the early years was restricted and therefore all the best players weren't playing. And now its all about power and hitting HR's and no one can throw a baseball for God's sakes. Everyone is jacked. The art of baseball is dead.
    Yea baseball is a hurting sport. thats why they need to allow PEDs lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Besides the fact that I'll be in rhode island? Lol

Nfl network isn't suppose to start until today, and I'm not sure jersey gets it. Plus u have to have the silver, gold, or sports package
    you are going to be in RI from 10AM sat till 3AM sunday? if so fine acceptable, about the NFL Network, I have a special package just not sure which :P
    Last edited by DavenIII; 08-17-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    yea, im not sure why Dezz didn't get my point yesterday. It's simple. if the players who play today were allowed to play in ruth's era, the record books would be different.
    idk what's so hard to understand about that. Dezz made it a race thing...but it's not....its about an inaccurate sample size.
    of course the record books would be different if you put todays hofers back then. todays game has evolved. Baseball has been taught for over 100 years now.
    You can make the same statement for any sport. The players have it easier today with scouting reports, trainers, peds. Id be surprised if the babe knew what a dumbbell was. It IS indeed a race thing. That was the whole point of Toshs joke, thinking black people dominate baseball, but he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    of course the record books would be different if you put todays hofers back then. todays game has evolved. Baseball has been taught for over 100 years now.
    You can make the same statement for any sport. The players have it easier today with scouting reports, trainers, peds. Id be surprised if the babe knew what a dumbbell was. It IS indeed a race thing. That was the whole point of Toshs joke, thinking black people dominate baseball, but he was wrong.
    No Dezz. You are missing the point. It isn't about "if today's players played back then". Its about "if all the best players back then were allowed to play in the majors".
    Some of the best baseball players of that time were NOT ALLOWED to play. MLB was a restricted league.
    How is it you're not getting this.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread