+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    They aren't it shambles at all. They are about to complete a TV deal like YES Network or NESN. Don't forget they have a new ownership group with Magic Johnson. The old owner is gone. Hard to believe that they took Crawford but thats just a bonus for us. Plus we got a couple really good pitching prospects.
    Don't worry....The dynasty is still in place. We just took a year off to find ourselves.

"That doesnt make sense."

No Canty until week 6. Corners are rally thin right now. We better score some points.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Getting out from under the Crawford contract was key. That was going to kill our ability to get better down the road. Beckett too. He was essentially useless since he signed the new contract a few years ago. Maybe he'll fair better in the NL. Gonzo was the key for LA, but we had too many left handed hitters. Not a good fit in Fenway. I look for us to try to get some right handed power next off season.
    The crawford contract was the worst contract ever....and im not even talking about how he's essentially been injured the whole time....it's just BAD.
    As far as I'm concerned, the only 2 outfielders who deserve that kind of money, Kemp and Hamilton. There are just WAY too many OFs to be giving someone whos game is speed that much money. You give that kind of money to the MVP candidates.
    Like, the Yankees worst contract is A-Rod.....but, the guy won 3 MVPs in the 7 years prior to his extension....THAT'S why he got that contract. The crawford one made me cringe from day 1....as i believe it did everyone here lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post

"That doesnt make sense."
    It makes sense to me and thats all that matters.

Getting out from under the Crawford contract was key. That was going to kill our ability to get better down the road. Beckett too. He was essentially useless since he signed the new contract a few years ago. Maybe he'll fair better in the NL. Gonzo was the key for LA, but we had too many left handed hitters. Not a good fit in Fenway. I look for us to try to get some right handed power next off season.
    With Gonzos numbers, hes a good fit anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    The crawford contract was the worst contract ever....and im not even talking about how he's essentially been injured the whole time....it's just BAD.
    As far as I'm concerned, the only 2 outfielders who deserve that kind of money, Kemp and Hamilton. There are just WAY too many OFs to be giving someone whos game is speed that much money. You give that kind of money to the MVP candidates.
    Like, the Yankees worst contract is A-Rod.....but, the guy won 3 MVPs in the 7 years prior to his extension....THAT'S why he got that contract. The crawford one made me cringe from day 1....as i believe it did everyone here lol
    I agree that the Crawford deal was horrible, but the Arod deal was still the worst. They had no inyterest from any other team. They could have signed him for a lot cheaper and for fewer years. You can't sign a guy into his 40's for that kind of money. That was crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    With Gonzos numbers, hes a good fit anywhere.
    Gonzo is a great player, no doubt and we'll miss him. The problem was our loaded lineup from the left side. We needed more right handed bats in there. Now we can get back to a better mix. You can't imagine how bad it was to face a left handed pitcher with all those left handed hitters.
    Theo was misguided at best.

No Canty until week 6. Corners are rally thin right now. We better score some points.
    And we better stop playing opposing WRs so soft in the redzone. When the hell will Perry learn?

I jsut heard that on the way home from work. That SUCKS!!!

Him and Linval The Anvil were putting on quite the show in the playoffs last season and I was really hoping to see them pick up where they left off. Not to sound like a wackjob, but Rocky Bernard has looked better than he ever has this pre-season. That being said we still need some DT depth in case (knock on wood) someone goes down before week 6
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Wow you lames are talking baseball!?!?!?

No wonder Thee Thread is on life support right now

YEESH
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

+ Reply to Thread