+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So there's Barden, JJ, Hixon and Douglas. We will probably keep 3. Who gets cut?
    I think it might be Hixon but its a tough call.
    yea i think youre right. rather see barden go though, even though he finally showed up the other night

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Given what we've seen I agree. But we still don't know whats been going on in practice.
    Tough one.
    I have nothing against Hixon. I just think we'd be kind of wasting our time, or holding on too long so to speak, if we keep Hixon on, and he still doesnt look like 08 Hixon, we're just wasting a roster spot. Sucks, but it's kind of the truth.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    yea i think youre right. rather see barden go though, even though he finally showed up the other night
    Here's the thing. We picked up Hixon as a guy who was cut from his team.....Barden we drafted. We've been patient with Hixon....too patient...
    Barden deserves at least this season as his "last shot".
    At this point, Barden has the higher ceiling in my eyes....low risk, high reward so to speak. I dont view Hixon that way anymore, as he's been somewhat of an injury liability, and he basically hasnt played in 2 seasons. It just wouldnt make sense for us to hang on.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I was kinda pissed JJ didnt play with first teams the other night. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 08-28-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Here's the thing. We picked up Hixon as a guy who was cut from his team.....Barden we drafted. We've been patient with Hixon....too patient...
    Barden deserves at least this season as his "last shot".
    At this point, Barden has the higher ceiling in my eyes....low risk, high reward so to speak. I dont view Hixon that way anymore, as he's been somewhat of an injury liability, and he basically hasnt played in 2 seasons. It just wouldnt make sense for us to hang on.
    Yea i really cant argue anything there. I like Hixons speed but this was his second blown acl if Im not mistaken. So who knows if he still has it.

Its funny how pr/kr was a huge weakness, now it seems like we have a few of burners gunning for the job

By the way, It looks like Bennet is the new Voice before games as far as pumping everyone up goes. I think Tuck should keep doing it. The pregame superbowl speech still send chills down my spin." you dont got a ring! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT FEEEEELS LIKE!"

By the way, It looks like Bennet is the new Voice before games as far as pumping everyone up goes. I think Tuck should keep doing it. The pregame superbowl speech still send chills down my spin." you dont got a ring! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT FEEEEELS LIKE!"
    Ya need "hype-men" on both sides of the ball....lol
    I didnt see Bennett recently, but i've admittedly only seen about 60% of every snap in preseason....maybe less.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Yea i really cant argue anything there. I like Hixons speed but this was his second blown acl if Im not mistaken. So who knows if he still has it.

Its funny how pr/kr was a huge weakness, now it seems like we have a few of burners gunning for the job
    Yea both ACL injuries.

And in the chicago game last week, our ST was ON POINT. Scary if that becomes a strong point for us, because it is what we've always lacked. The coverage on kickoffs and punts was phenomenal. most overlooked part of the game.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    the only thing Hixon is good for is KR's and just that alone is not enough to keep a spot on the team, I'm pretty sure I was the first guy around here to say that then Pizz jumped on my bandwagon (of 1)

look the guy is a nice guy, and he helped us one season when we needed a WR...but we don't need WR's anymore we have plenty of talented ones...we don't need a career backup WR that's good at Kick returning right now

I'm arguing with this guy I work with via instant-message...he's in my fantasy league....

He's making me junk offers for Marques Colston who is my WR3 in this league....and i basically told him to stop trying to get rid of his undraftable players for one of my studs. and hes like STUD?!?! HARDLY!!
    Oh really? 1000+ yards for 6 straight season...every season of his career....thats bad? lol
    No scrubby Meachem to steal targets? STUD CENTRAL!!! love it.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread