Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    i bet you beer for thee tailgate that Hixon makes the team
    Why do you think he would make the team over younger guys with more talent and less propensity for injury??

I understand he's 'experienced' but he was never that good of a returner OR WR. By keeping him on the field we're hindering the progress of our youth movement
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Why do you think he would make the team over younger guys with more talent and less propensity for injury??

I understand he's 'experienced' but he was never that good of a returner OR WR. By keeping him on the field we're hindering the progress of our youth movement
    Yea it's pretty important that we do our best to not waste draft picks. i agree with you on this
    Oderint Dum Metuant

He did have that really nice long td against the eagles a few year back where he broke a few tackles, but that was before the acls.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    He did have that really nice long td against the eagles a few year back where he broke a few tackles, but that was before the acls.
    I'm glad you said it was before the ACL injuries...cuz i really dont care about **** 4 years ago when the guy hasnt played in 2 years. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm glad you said it was before the ACL injuries...cuz i really dont care about **** 4 years ago when the guy hasnt played in 2 years. lol
    Gotta give credit where its due.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    He injured himself last season making one of the greatest catches I've ever seen against St. Louis. It may have been one of the most important plays of the season. Without it we would have dropped to 0-2.
    Lets cut Hixon a little slack Pizz. You make him out to be some kind of useless bum because he tore up his knee.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He injured himself last season making one of the greatest catches I've ever seen against St. Louis. It may have been one of the most important plays of the season. Without it we would have dropped to 0-2.
    Lets cut Hixon a little slack Pizz. You make him out to be some kind of useless bum because he tore up his knee.
    nah its not that.....it's just it's not a good move when we have other ppl healthier available.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Yea and Jim Burt was a DAMNED good DT, but that was years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    TWICE!!!

Because he tore up his knee TWICE

He is good as done here. I dont wanna waste time on Hixon when we can be grooming our future. If he's on the team he can be this seasons Devin Thomas, a ST (not returns) ace and if we're REALLY in a pinch he can catch a pass. But there's no way in hell Id give him a spot over JJ, Barden, or Douglas

TWICE!!!

Because he tore up his knee TWICE

He is good as done here. I dont wanna waste time on Hixon when we can be grooming our future. If he's on the team he can be this seasons Devin Thomas, a ST (not returns) ace and if we're REALLY in a pinch he can catch a pass. But there's no way in hell Id give him a spot over JJ, Barden, or Douglas
    Id give him a spot over Barden and Douglas. Not JJ and Ruben. Rubens are delicious.