1. #136891
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sorry Daven but guys who have yet to do a thing on the field don't get the credit that Hixon has. He has played and produced for us, including a great catch last year that tore up his knee AND won us a football game.
    You can say that you think JJ and Barden have the upside to surpass Hixon, but you can't say that they are better football players than Hixon right now without backing it up on the filed in ANY way.
    I guess I'm with Matt on this. Thats not to say that I would definately keep Hixon instead of one of those guys, because sometimes you have to take that risk, but Hixon HAS produced and those guys haven't.
    I just dont understand this opinion....well, I do....but I don't...lol
    The Giants wouldn't spend $3mill on Steve Smith after recovering from his injury....Smith who was a VERY productive receiver for us, much more so than Hixon has ever been. You defended that decision to not offer more than the eagles.

    Yet youre saying Hixon is a better option than these young guys? Hixon who has torn his ACL twice? Idk man...kind of a double standard of sorts.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #136892
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sorry Daven but guys who have yet to do a thing on the field don't get the credit that Hixon has. He has played and produced for us, including a great catch last year that tore up his knee AND won us a football game.
    You can say that you think JJ and Barden have the upside to surpass Hixon, but you can't say that they are better football players than Hixon right now without backing it up on the filed in ANY way.
    I guess I'm with Matt on this. Thats not to say that I would definately keep Hixon instead of one of those guys, because sometimes you have to take that risk, but Hixon HAS produced and those guys haven't.
    It's funny Morehead, that was my exact argument for Braylon Edwards in the past, I'm glad we went with Nicks instead...

    Similarly I hope in this situation we go with a younger guy that hasn't proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is injury prone like hixon has, and has the potential to be better then what we know hixon is, which is at best a "competent" receiver that "used" to be the best Kick Returning option we had.

  3. #136893
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    70% Hixon is not better then any WR on our roster at 100%
    eh debatable...

    out of what i've been seeing from Jernigan -- thats highly debatbale

    PS- u owe my buddy some beers for that team he drafted for u

  4. #136894
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Im not counting his receptions, im counting his play when returning kicks against guys who are gonna be 1st team STers
    he looked alrite, but I mean his biggest one was because of two holding penalties.

    Dont' get me wrong, i like what i've seen from him but im far from convinced - and again i think we go wtih 7 at WR

  5. #136895
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sure he meant other than Nicks and Cruz.
    obviously.....

  6. #136896
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    eh debatable...

    out of what i've been seeing from Jernigan -- thats highly debatbale

    PS- u owe my buddy some beers for that team he drafted for u
    I'll definetly buy him some beers, but I ended up with Cowboys all over again, it's like every single time I miss a draft Cowboy players just love jumping on my team, I guess I'll deal with it this year though I don't have much of a choice, I like that I got Calvin Johnson/Peyton Manning though.

  7. #136897
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I just dont understand this opinion....well, I do....but I don't...lol
    The Giants wouldn't spend $3mill on Steve Smith after recovering from his injury....Smith who was a VERY productive receiver for us, much more so than Hixon has ever been. You defended that decision to not offer more than the eagles.

    Yet youre saying Hixon is a better option than these young guys? Hixon who has torn his ACL twice? Idk man...kind of a double standard of sorts.
    that was a money situation

  8. #136898
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,837
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    eh debatable...

    out of what i've been seeing from Jernigan -- thats highly debatbale

    PS- u owe my buddy some beers for that team he drafted for u
    Well then youre not watching. Had decent return last night. Out of all the wrs looking to be the number 3 he is constantly the fastest off the line of scrimmage. Not his fault the oline cant give carr enough time to throw.

  9. #136899
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    It's funny Morehead, that was my exact argument for Braylon Edwards in the past, I'm glad we went with Nicks instead...

    Similarly I hope in this situation we go with a younger guy that hasn't proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is injury prone like hixon has, and has the potential to be better then what we know hixon is, which is at best a "competent" receiver that "used" to be the best Kick Returning option we had.


    haha it is your argument

    but theres no exact formula. Just because it was right last time doesn't mean it is this time.

    don't forget Jernigan didn't even beat out Stokely for reps before cruz exploded last year. Nicks came out of the gate beasting as a rookie. Your comparing apples to oranges

  10. #136900
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I'll definetly buy him some beers, but I ended up with Cowboys all over again, it's like every single time I miss a draft Cowboy players just love jumping on my team, I guess I'll deal with it this year though I don't have much of a choice, I like that I got Calvin Johnson/Peyton Manning though.
    yea he had to leave for the last 3 rounds so i drafted those guys for u lol

    no way you weren't getting Jacobs lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts