+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #136931
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    6,941
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I agree with MH, that if we do go with 7 WRs, than Hixon will stay....but I dont see it happening because you also need depth elsewhere, and for us specifically, it usually ends up being on defense. lol
    yeah some body's getting axed

  2. #136932
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,649
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    yea he had to leave for the last 3 rounds so i drafted those guys for u lol

    no way you weren't getting Jacobs lol
    Honestly, now that Jacobs isn't a Giant I don't care one way or the other, I loved him when he was here, I also think he's better then Bradshaw still, but now that he's a niner I don't see him any differently then someone like Peyton Hillis....as long as he was a latish pick it's still not terrible though in a pinch I could use him they'll probably put him in on some goal line situations.

  3. #136933
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Honestly, now that Jacobs isn't a Giant I don't care one way or the other, I loved him when he was here, I also think he's better then Bradshaw still, but now that he's a niner I don't see him any differently then someone like Peyton Hillis....as long as he was a latish pick it's still not terrible though in a pinch I could use him they'll probably put him in on some goal line situations.
    I was reading that there's a possibility he might not even make it on the roster actually. I gotta go find where I saw that...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #136934
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,515
    oh also...I was just thinking about this;

    We always said that Ham would be a #1 WR on pretty much any team because he's that talented, and that athletic....

    .......except in SF. The offense is far too conservative for any of the "stud" WRs to really shine. Just funny to me how it worked out.
    If it does in fact go the way I think, then I feel really bad for Ham.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #136935
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,560
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    oh also...I was just thinking about this;

    We always said that Ham would be a #1 WR on pretty much any team because he's that talented, and that athletic....

    .......except in SF. The offense is far too conservative for any of the "stud" WRs to really shine. Just funny to me how it worked out.
    If it does in fact go the way I think, then I feel really bad for Ham.
    I agree,but Harbaugh has to be conservative with Alex Smith. They remind me of us a few years back. dominant defense, great running game, good wrs, average at best qb.

  6. #136936
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I agree,but Harbaugh has to be conservative with Alex Smith. They remind me of us a few years back. dominant defense, great running game, good wrs, average at best qb.
    correct. however, Gore is getting older, jacobs is worse off, and then it comes down to Kendall Hunter....who actually is pretty good.

    Jacobs isn't even listed on their depth chart currently >.<
    looks like he IS fighting for a job.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #136937
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,560
    When asked about Jones wanting to beat some Giant *** this morning, Kiwanuka said this:
    “He should, he should. The New York Giants have been whupping his *** for a long time. I mean it has got to be tough on the outside looking in on all these championships lately.”




  8. #136938
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,560
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    correct. however, Gore is getting older, jacobs is worse off, and then it comes down to Kendall Hunter....who actually is pretty good.

    Jacobs isn't even listed on their depth chart currently >.<
    looks like he IS fighting for a job.
    really, i thought that was like at the beginning of preseason then he had a few big runs? but then he got hurt so...

  9. #136939
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    really, i thought that was like at the beginning of preseason then he had a few big runs? but then he got hurt so...
    no idea. i did read he got injured though.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #136940
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I was reading that there's a possibility he might not even make it on the roster actually. I gotta go find where I saw that...
    that was an awful news story opinion of a yahoo writer i think

    since that articles was out hes been injured and hasn't played and still won't be cut

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts