+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #137201
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,310
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    pay your fantasy fee then come here
    Actually just send $25 to me and $25 to Byron. We're the ones who got screwed.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #137202
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,064
    There's a debate in a Reddit thread about 1WTC after someone posted a picture that his friend(who works construction on the building) took, and in the titel said "Freedom Towers".
    A bunch of people corrected him, politely....and just mentioned that was a suggested name that was dropped about 6+ years ago, and that it's simply referred to by it's address "One World Trade Center" or 1WTC, as to pay tribute to what once stood there.
    And so many people got so mad "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CORRECT EVERYONE!! WHY DOES EVERYONE GET BENT OUT OF SHAPE!!! IT'S JUST A NICKNAME!! THEY CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT!!"

    umm...because it's politically driven. We don't need anymore of that. It's pretty simple. That's why the name was rejected. As a New Yorker, I know that nobody in the NY area calls it the "Freedom Tower"
    It's just funny to me that people "get bent" about other ppl "getting bent" lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #137203
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,365
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    There's a debate in a Reddit thread about 1WTC after someone posted a picture that his friend(who works construction on the building) took, and in the titel said "Freedom Towers".
    A bunch of people corrected him, politely....and just mentioned that was a suggested name that was dropped about 6+ years ago, and that it's simply referred to by it's address "One World Trade Center" or 1WTC, as to pay tribute to what once stood there.
    And so many people got so mad "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CORRECT EVERYONE!! WHY DOES EVERYONE GET BENT OUT OF SHAPE!!! IT'S JUST A NICKNAME!! THEY CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT!!"

    umm...because it's politically driven. We don't need anymore of that. It's pretty simple. That's why the name was rejected. As a New Yorker, I know that nobody in the NY area calls it the "Freedom Tower"
    It's just funny to me that people "get bent" about other ppl "getting bent" lol
    The people that committed the 9/11 atrocities sent a pretty clear message what they think of our freedom, so I think the name fits.

  4. #137204
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,064
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    The people that committed the 9/11 atrocities sent a pretty clear message what they think of our freedom, so I think the name fits.
    ummm ooooook.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #137205
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,365
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    ummm ooooook.
    Im sorry, was that not the correct answer?

  6. #137206
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,064
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Im sorry, was that not the correct answer?
    You just fell right into what i (and others who were saying it's beating a dead horse) were trying to avoid.

    We don't need a name for our resilience. You don't need to put a label on our will to survive, move on, and fight terrorism.

    I mean, in my own opinion, the biggest **** YOU to our attackers is the fact that we DIDN'T change it.

    but i digress, that sounded like a speech, and thats not my intention.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #137207
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,310
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    There's a debate in a Reddit thread about 1WTC after someone posted a picture that his friend(who works construction on the building) took, and in the titel said "Freedom Towers".
    A bunch of people corrected him, politely....and just mentioned that was a suggested name that was dropped about 6+ years ago, and that it's simply referred to by it's address "One World Trade Center" or 1WTC, as to pay tribute to what once stood there.
    And so many people got so mad "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CORRECT EVERYONE!! WHY DOES EVERYONE GET BENT OUT OF SHAPE!!! IT'S JUST A NICKNAME!! THEY CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT!!"

    umm...because it's politically driven. We don't need anymore of that. It's pretty simple. That's why the name was rejected. As a New Yorker, I know that nobody in the NY area calls it the "Freedom Tower"
    It's just funny to me that people "get bent" about other ppl "getting bent" lol
    "Freedom" is not a political notion.
    It is the essence of our republic. No political party or organization has any more or less claim to it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #137208
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,365
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    You just fell right into what i (and others who were saying it's beating a dead horse) were trying to avoid.

    We don't need a name for our resilience. You don't need to put a label on our will to survive, move on, and fight terrorism.

    I mean, in my own opinion, the biggest **** YOU to our attackers is the fact that we DIDN'T change it.

    but i digress, that sounded like a speech, and thats not my intention.
    Well I dont think Alqaida or the taliban gives a **** what we call it. Id be surprised if many of them could point out NY or America on a map.

    Basically what your saying is you dont want to entice them anymore? They hate us and want to destroy us regardless. and I think youre focusing on the name to much. You should be focusing on the newest and tallest building in NY, standing right were the towers stood. Thats our "**** you" to our enemies, along with our drone strikes
    Last edited by dezzzR; 09-11-2012 at 02:16 PM.

  9. #137209
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,310
    OMG!! That new "recap" on Yahoo FF is friggin awesome!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #137210
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    ummm ooooook.
    Also I have 4 relatives that live in Hoboken more then 10 that work in the City in various area's the majority on Wall Street as well as a few Family Members that live in Manhattan proper....every single time we've talked about it they've all called it the "Freedom Tower" so I don't know how you came up with the "NYC residents don't call it that" idea.....because that's simply not true...plenty of them DO call it that.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts