+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Pizz, if he was as good as you claim, TC and KG would have given him more than 46 carries....especially with AB and BJ missing time.
    46 Carries in 2 games? that's quite high actually....this is a passing league remember...it's rare for RB's to get 20+ carries a game nowadays.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really don't think our disagreement with Pizz on Ware is going to case WWIII.
    I have to agree....the attack on our Ambassador in Bengahzi is much more likely to cause something like WWIII (but not with Obama in office so whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    This has been used so often on these boards.

the same coaching staff thought Ryan Grant wasn't worth a roster spot right before he had a 1k+ yard season for Green Bay, the coaching staff is still human and still makes mistakes.
    He had every opportunity this season. They gave him more snaps and carries than any other RB. He was 5th best on this team.

And Ryan Grant was NOT cut. We had BJ who was a top player at the time and a full backfield. He wasn't going to get any carries for us so we got what we could for him.
    Get well soon 80.

I have to agree....the attack on our Ambassador in Bengahzi is much more likely to cause something like WWIII (but not with Obama in office so whatever)
    It won't. It wasn't the Libyan government who attacked us. As a matter of fact, Libyan soldiers were fighting with our guys to put down the attack. I'm much more concerned with the conditions in Egypt than Libya. There is a fundamentalist movement in Egypt that could spell disaster. Our naive Prez hasn't helped that situation. They were emboldened by his rediculous apology speech in Cairo in 2009.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    It won't. It wasn't the Libyan government who attacked us. As a matter of fact, Libyan soldiers were fighting with our guys to put down the attack. I'm much more concerned with the conditions in Egypt than Libya. There is a fundamentalist movement in Egypt that could spell disaster. Our naive Prez hasn't helped that situation. They were emboldened by his rediculous apology speech in Cairo in 2009.
    Muslim Brotherhood (in Egypt) you mean right?

I agree, also I know it wasn't the Libyan Government but it still shows that their government doesn't have the same ideal's as a large enough portion of it's populace, it's only a matter of time before Libya has an "islamic spring" and another dangerous group succeeds at rising into power.

Also in the article I read about the Libyan Ambassador I also read that there was also an attack on the Tunisian ambassador in the past, it's only a matter of time until he's attacked now as well.

what are we doing to prevent this...more talking?
    Last edited by DavenIII; 09-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.

All-Pro
    He had every opportunity this season. They gave him more snaps and carries than any other RB. He was 5th best on this team.

And Ryan Grant was NOT cut. We had BJ who was a top player at the time and a full backfield. He wasn't going to get any carries for us so we got what we could for him.
    At the time I didn't think the grant cut was a big deal I agree with you, I was just bringing up an example of a time where we let go of a productive player, grant would have helped our team the year we traded him away more then whatever we got for the what (4th RND?) pick we got.

Also Ware on his 46 carries last year....he was pretty much exactly the same as Bradshaw and Jacobs....they all averaged between 3.5-4.0 YPC

46 Carries in 2 games? that's quite high actually....this is a passing league remember...it's rare for RB's to get 20+ carries a game nowadays.
    Youre likely right. but it doesnt change my point that Dezz would not be calling for Bradshaw's head.....
    "it's the bad O-line!! You can't judge him on 2 games!! Fix the line!! and then fire Perry Fewell!!! He's somehow responsible for this anyway!!!"

that's how it would go.....we know Dezz
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Youre likely right. but it doesnt change my point that Dezz would not be calling for Bradshaw's head.....
    "it's the bad O-line!! You can't judge him on 2 games!! Fix the line!! and then fire Perry Fewell!!! He's somehow responsible for this anyway!!!"

that's how it would go.....we know Dezz
    Bottom line is that Bradshaw has proven himself. He's been very productive and was an important part of our 2 SB wins. Ware had never proved himself and the clock finally ran out. He was here a long time without doing a thing. I'd say he got more than a fair shake.
    Get well soon 80.

Bottom line is that Bradshaw has proven himself. He's been very productive and was an important part of our 2 SB wins. Ware had never proved himself and the clock finally ran out. He was here a long time without doing a thing. I'd say he got more than a fair shake.
    he didnt really need to play, so it doesnt really matter. thank you but your services are no longer needed.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    He was stuck behind two players that the coaching staff trusted to get the job done, so yes you are right, he never proved himself, but it's not like he had the opportunity to do so either....

I'm not annoyed or upset that we let him go, we drafted Wilson...Wilson "looks" really good so far..(far better then Bradshaw imho) so yeah we didn't really have room for him, that said If "I" was starting a team today and my only two options at RB were AB or DJ Ware I'd still take Ware....from what I've seen.

+ Reply to Thread