+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Im not sure if youre "MHing" or serious. Its a dead play. Again they were going for the snap and could of seriously injured one of our players. Most times we see a qb take a knee, you just see the dline stand up IF they even put their hand on a olineman.
    Its a dead play because the defense gives up. I want my team challenging that play. I want opposing QB's to know that if you don't handle that snap absolutely perfectly, we will dislodge the ball. If you don't make that play perfectly, you will be hit and fumble.
    Its stupid that defenses stand around and let QB's kneel down easily.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its a dead play because the defense gives up. I want my team challenging that play. I want opposing QB's to know that if you don't handle that snap absolutely perfectly, we will dislodge the ball. If you don't make that play perfectly, you will be hit and fumble.
    Its stupid that defenses stand around and let QB's kneel down easily.
    I think youre over reacting. Its all a distraction, you dont want to talk about Eli throwing 500 yards.

Where the hell has Osi and Tuck been?? We need to start blitzing or theyre in trouble against good qbs

I think youre over reacting. Its all a distraction, you dont want to talk about Eli throwing 500 yards.
    Its all I've been talking about to my Pats fan friends this morning.

I AM glad that Phil's record of 512 is still in tact though.

All-Pro
    Why don't you explain why its a good thing to complain about a team playing hard on every play. the only thing he should complain about is our teams inability to recognize that they were coming after Eli and to be prepared for it.
    Actually trying to disrupt a play is not dirty. Its kind of what defense is all about.
    For what its worth I get what you are saying...its an unwritten rule of honor /sportsmanship that's been adopted as general practice in certain situations "by most coaches anyway" ....so I get TC being unset ...thats the kind of guy he is and he let Tampa's coach know how he felt....

Where the hell has Osi and Tuck been?? We need to start blitzing or theyre in trouble against good qbs
    yea i mentioned earlier that Tuck looks like a 40 year old on most plays. and for some reason it looks like we're sending just 4 on like 60% of our plays. Clearly the Blackburn sack play worked....do that more!! lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    For what its worth I get what you are saying...its an unwritten rule of honor /sportsmanship that's been adopted as general practice in certain situations "by most coaches anyway" ....so I get TC being unset ...thats the kind of guy he is and he let Tampa's coach know how he felt....
    I would agree if Tampa faked like they were giving up and then went after Eli. But they made it clear that they were playing it aggressively. We had no excuse not to be prepared for it and if someone got hurt it would have been on us.

And its not an unwritten rule. Teams just stopped challenging that play and now everybody expects that. But they should challenge it and try to disrupt the play, just like Tampa did.

Its all I've been talking about to my Pats fan friends this morning.

I AM glad that Phil's record of 512 is still in tact though.
    Cuz you hate Eli, and wanted him to get injured yesterday.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Cuz you hate Eli, and wanted him to get injured yesterday.
    lmao thats why he doesnt think it was cheap

I would agree if Tampa faked like they were giving up and then went after Eli. But they made it clear that they were playing it aggressively. We had no excuse not to be prepared for it and if someone got hurt it would have been on us.

And its not an unwritten rule. Teams just stopped challenging that play and now everybody expects that. But they should challenge it and try to disrupt the play, just like Tampa did.
    .....An unwritten rule.....

+ Reply to Thread