According to MH, when Eli got rocked while taking a snap and taking a knee, TC's correct reaction should have been "ehh whatever, football, amirite?"

Whether you think we were prepared or not for that, or whether a defense should operate like that...Coughlin did EXACTLY what every single coach from peewee to NFL would have done.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Veteran
    Also, to correct you, the guy we should have taken went right after sintim. Connor barwin

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    According to MH, when Eli got rocked while taking a snap and taking a knee, TC's correct reaction should have been "ehh whatever, football, amirite?"

Whether you think we were prepared or not for that, or whether a defense should operate like that...Coughlin did EXACTLY what every single coach from peewee to NFL would have done.
    He got caught with his pants down by a rookie HC, and complained about it after. I agree that all or most coaches would have reacted the same way...but they would all be wrong.
    They tried to force a fumble on a kneel down play. Thats the only thing to do. I am always pissed when we stand around on defense and let them take a knee without any pressure to take the snap and make that play perfectly.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Agree 100%. Hes protecting his qb and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He got caught with his pants down by a rookie HC, and complained about it after. I agree that all or most coaches would have reacted the same way...but they would all be wrong.
    They tried to force a fumble on a kneel down play. Thats the only thing to do. I am always pissed when we stand around on defense and let them take a knee without any pressure to take the snap and make that play perfectly.
    Now Giants plaayers are saying some of the Bucs were apologizing!!! So some Bucs even thought it was a futile and classless gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    if it were us in that situation....we wouldnt deserve to win that game, and not have the opportunity for a late comeback. we laid down for almsot 4 quarters, thats our punishment....the loss.
    And yes, i can honestly say i'd be a bit pissed if one of our tackles tried to dive thru the o-line to hit the QB on a kneel...its just bad sportsmanship. So if you encourage that, you should be in favor of retracting all the *****y hit rules too.
    Last edited by JPizzack; 09-17-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Now Giants plaayers are saying some of the Bucs were apologizing!!! So some Bucs even thought it was a futile and classless gesture.
    +Juan
    Oderint Dum Metuant

if it were us in that situation....we wouldnt deserve to win that game, and not have the opportunity for a late comeback. we laid down for almsot 4 quarters, thats our punishment....the loss.
    And yes, i can honestly say i'd be a bit pissed if one of our tackles tried to dive thru the o-line to hit the QB on a kneel...its just bad sportsmanship. So if you encourage that, you should be in favor of retracting all the *****y hit rules too.
    Bull****!
    Go play the game. If they want to take a knee and walk away easy thats their problem. I say line up and try to disrupt the play. Force them to make that exchange and kneel down perfectly. If they bobble the snap, we can get the ball back.
    I hated watching Romo take 3 kneel down snaps while we were standing around, admitting defeat. If none of you think Romo could fumble a snap you haven't been watching football in the last several years.

So how bout them red sox?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

So how bout them red sox?
    My dream is to have Bobby V. actually fired on the field. With one of those big hooks.
    He is to the Red Sox as Ray Handley was to the Giants.
    But fret not, its only a one year break from our current dynasty.
    But Ray Handley was actually a decent human being.