+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by lttaylor56 View Post
    Disgrace....The nfl replacement officials are destroying the integrity of our league. The arena league has better officiating.

Jennings clearly intercepted the hail mary tonite. Wtf? The commish has to pay the real ref's or this year will be a farce.

MMB--Text me what I need to bring to tailgate.
    Yes, the call was blown....but why is nobody talking about this:

Jennings screwed the packers on that play. When youre winning, and the clock is running out, on those end zone plays, you dont go for the pick, you go for the PD. You dont want to have to put your team in the situation where a play has to be reviewed. Hit the ball away as hard as you can so nobody can get it....done. end game. you win.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post

Jennings screwed the packers on that play. When youre winning, and the clock is running out, on those end zone plays, you dont go for the pick, you go for the PD. You dont want to have to put your team in the situation where a play has to be reviewed. Hit the ball away as hard as you can so nobody can get it....done. end game. you win.
    Strongly disagree. Detroit knocked it down and it went right into the hands of Titus Young. The reality is that the kid caught the ball for GB and the refs took it away. Anything can happen when you try to knock it away. With a ball traveling 50 yards or more, a tenth of a second mistime can be the difference between knocking it down or up in the air to be caught by the offense.
    Batting the ball keeps it in play, catching it takes it out of play. The refs just blew it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Strongly disagree. Detroit knocked it down and it went right into the hands of Titus Young. The reality is that the kid caught the ball for GB and the refs took it away. Anything can happen when you try to knock it away. With a ball traveling 50 yards or more, a tenth of a second mistime can be the difference between knocking it down or up in the air to be caught by the offense.
    Batting the ball keeps it in play, catching it takes it out of play. The refs just blew it.
    I have never heard anyone say that.....ever.....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Hmmm I dont think so. Look at Titus Young. Hell look at the last play of the superbowl, a healthy Gronk catches that ball....

Last night was a disgrace. If one ref gives the TD signal and the other waves it off, refs need to talk it over. Id really like to know just what the hell that ref was looking at.

I have never heard anyone say that.....ever.....
    Actually teams practice just for that play. Eli and Nicks both said they practiced that play. And if you notice when Nicks scored that TD in GB, both Cruz and Manningham are waiting for a bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Actually teams practice just for that play. Eli and Nicks both said they practiced that play. And if you notice when Nicks scored that TD in GB, both Cruz and Manningham are waiting for a bounce.
    yea, because it's common to go for the PD....
    you have more of a chance to lose the fight for the ball in the air than of knocking the ball into someone else's hand if you try to hit it away.going for an INT is a low % play on the ball.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

just to clarify, I dont really care what happened in this game....to me, its a little ref revenge for when we got screwed in the GB game last regular season with called back TDs, and GB scoring on plays that SHOULD have been called back. It's good for football when the good teams lose sometimes.

I'm just tired of crying about the refs. Sure if it was the Giants I'd be pissed....but i'm used to it....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

yea, because it's common to go for the PD....
    you have more of a chance to lose the fight for the ball in the air than of knocking the ball into someone else's hand if you try to hit it away.going for an INT is a low % play on the ball.
    I dont see how since most teams have at least 5 dbs back there. Im willing to bet more ints come off those plays than tds.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont see how since most teams have at least 5 dbs back there. Im willing to bet more ints come off those plays than tds.
    well fine....if that's the case youre jsut supporting my side of the argument. 5 DBs and not one of those ****ers could punch the ball out of play? what total failure.
    I dont care....eitehr way GB lost that game for themselves with the play.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

well fine....if that's the case youre jsut supporting my side of the argument. 5 DBs and not one of those ****ers could punch the ball out of play? what total failure.
    I dont care....eitehr way GB lost that game for themselves with the play.
    lol THEY CAUGHT THE BALL, they didnt need to punch it away. How does my point help you? haha

+ Reply to Thread