+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    This is the point Obama lovers forget....all they talk about is how the Republican's have been dead set at stopping him.

I'm sorry but that excuse is complete bull****....like dezz said...he had two FULL YEARS to do whatever the hell he wanted while the dems controlled literally everything...congress/senate and the white house....he forced health care through (even against opposition from his own party!) that's not the republican's fault...he just didn't do what he said he was going to do...he has noone to blame but himself period end of story.
    Notice how I didn't say republicans blocked policy creation. i said congressional.

You have to look at it at a non-party view:
    he tried things...they didnt pass....some things passed with the ok, of congress, and they didnt work.....

point is, not enough was allowed to happen.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'll let you think about that one for a second since you brought it up. Bush stepped in ****...
    he came into an awesome situation. And then 9/11 happened....

Dude, even Romney says, Obama did not ruin the economy....republicans just don't think he did enough to fix it. Now if you want to say he took the wrong steps, thats your opinion. Bottom line is, things have gotten better since we crashed. Republicans think that a dem should just improve the country they ****ed up immediately. You cant do that in 1 term. Bush ****ed it up in 2, but 1 president is supposed to fix it in one?
    Things have gotten better Pizz? ALL living costs are through the roof! Food prices up, electricity is up 30% from when bam stepped into office. 1 in 7 Americans are now on food stamps, up around 40% since bam took office. Unemployment is over 10%, no matter what the media says. Small businesses are still struggling and are afraid to expand because of the uncertainty of future taxes and healthcare.

And dont even get me started on this Libyan incident. The man has no spine when it comes to dealing with Jihadists.

All-Pro
    Notice how I didn't say republicans blocked policy creation. i said congressional.

he tried things...they didnt pass....some things passed with the ok, of congress, and they didnt work.....

no you have to look at reality, his first 2 years he had unchecked power, the republicans had zero power what so ever, he could have passed tax rates of 125% on anyone making over 100k a year and the republicans would not have been able to stop him...he was able to do whatever he (and his party) could think of without the republicans involved in any way...

what did he do? he decided to try to pass something that most DEMOCRATS in Congress and the Senate didn't want to pass...he wasted his first 2 years convincing his own party to let him pass something no one wanted...he could have gotten soooo much done without republican opposition his first 2 years...he CHOOSE not to.

Yes youre right, its not just Republicans. Not one single Dem voted for Obamas proposed budget, not one.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Yes youre right, its not just Republicans. Not one single Dem voted for Obamas proposed budget, not one.
    Exactly....when the president makes a proposal and no one from his OWN party even agrees with him...there's a problem.

No, they haven't, they've gotten MUCH worse...the Fed keeps printing money so you don't "feel" it yet but unemployment and the value of the dollar...our credit and the debt all show otherwise...we are doing MUCH MUCH worse then we were when Obama took over....which was admittedly was already bad.

No Pizz..."I" Think that a president that promised to fix the economy should at least be making a positive impact over the course of 4 years in office, he's made it TWICE as bad as it was when he started...he took Bush's crap and added two craps of his own on top of it.
    I dont agree with any of those things except that the fed keeps printing money....

Well, newsflash, the Fed is a private corporation, and benefits from both good and bad economies, so are you really surprised? There hasn't been backing to our dollar since around WW2, and this is EXACTLY what was going to happen by design. It was a system designed to fail. Sucks, doesn't it?

It's so depressing to me that people don't know how the Federal Reserve works (I'm not saying you don't...this is just a general statement).

I just can't understand the logic of those who think that their president didn't TRY to make things better. It didn't matter who was in office this term, everyone still would have complained. I'm horrified that people think Romney is fit to run a country. Absolutely horrified. Despite the terrible economic situation just prior to the 08 election, this is the one I'm going to remember, because it's so ****ing scary.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

ok ok....youre always right, im always wrong....

I forgot how many conservatives are in this thread lol. It's like arguing with my dog who just barks back.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    I just can't understand the logic of those who think that their president didn't TRY to make things better. It didn't matter who was in office this term, everyone still would have complained. I'm horrified that people think Romney is fit to run a country. Absolutely horrified. Despite the terrible economic situation just prior to the 08 election, this is the one I'm going to remember, because it's so ****ing scary.
    I do think he tried Pizz, but he tried using a "Keynesian" economic model (and an extreme version of it at that)

what we needed was a "Hayek" based model...those two models are pretty much polar opposites....Obama only knows how to use and apply one (and it seems he has a limited knowledge of economics all together most likely because he's never run a business...he's been in politics his whole life...all he's done is teach "theories" and doing community organizing...it's not HIS fault...but the simple answer why we are worse of right now then we were when he took office is that he is simply not qualified to be the president of the united states...he doesn't have the experience or knowledge base to make the right decisions in SOOOO many areas, he's an eloquent speaker, he's very charismatic, he's a great leader.....but he doesn't have the qualifications to lead this country.

Romney is smarter when it comes to the economy....that said I don't really like him either...he's a waffler (but so is Obama and most other politicians)

I'm not voting FOR Romney I'm voting against Obama.

All-Pro
    ok ok....youre always right, im always wrong....

I forgot how many conservatives are in this thread lol. It's like arguing with my dog who just barks back.
    Libertarian not Conservative Pizz...

plus Conservatism doesn't mean what it used to mean....Democrates (like under Kennedy) used to be more conservative then the current conservative movement.

Libertarian not Conservative Pizz...

plus Conservatism doesn't mean what it used to mean....Democrates (like under Kennedy) used to be more conservative then the current conservative movement.
    So if youre Libertarian, why are you not voting for Gary Johnson, who is the Libertarian alternative. That would make a ton more sense, especially considering this country needs to get away from the 2 party system, and we need to be given MANY more choices in our elections.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread