+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #137901
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,878
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    it shouldn't drive you nuts....it's fairly clear to me that he dislikes more people than he wants to help, he comes across as a prejudice, and unaccepting person, driven by religious fundamentals that I personally find disturbing. I also won't vote for multi-millionaires who already control way too much of our country by getting whatever policies they want passed by throwing money in the right direction.

    Another thought:
    Daven(i think it was him) brought up the point that taxing the rich doesn't make alot of money. That's fine and all, but...it doesn't give the rest of us a break from getting hammered day in and day out. The rest of us continue to pay the same, to compensate the taxes for the rich, because damn it's easy to have tax free funds. (my job even does it for people through some of our investment services reps). So they really need to think less about how taxes are going to generate income, and more about just making the lower/middle class paying more. Buyer confidence, although only part of the equation, is important to the economy getting back to it's former self.
    What evidence do you have that Romney "dislikes" anyone?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #137902
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by swimeasy View Post
    What's funny is while the Obama campaign tries to paint Romney as an "extremist", conservatives complain that he isn't conservative enough. I guess that's why he does appeal to many Independents.
    He isn't conservative enough, at least not in my opinion, I say this and Pizz and MMB jump all over me but it's the truth, he is cow-towing to the independents and even trying to win some undecided democrats over (people who are angry at Obama for not doing enough)

    the problem is in doing so he's proposing to take half measures everywhere, Half measures won't cut it, they won't even put a dent into the problems that already exist...at least not in one term...probably not even two.

    I mean it's absurd to call the guy who created the basis for Obama's national health care plan a conservative extremist...it is just stupid...but people who don't pay attention believe it and get scared.

    plus conservatism doesn't even mean the same thing it used to mean 30-40 years ago, to society Conservatism now means bible thumping social nut jobs, I don't want that kind of conservative, I want limited government conservatives...where are they? do they even exist anymore?
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-01-2012 at 04:56 PM.

  3. #137903
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,471
    I don't understand what you mean by student health insurance?

    I apologize in advance, because alot of what you said is slightly above my head in respect to healthcare. I'm not an expert sadly. I know what i have, i know the cost, i know it's good coverage (besides vision and dental which suck major ***), but I just don't know enough about everything in it's entirety. Sorry I cant contribute. And sorry I come across as an ad =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #137904
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,471
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Romney does not have the social views you believe he does....

    that's the problem Pizz, just like I know Obama is not a "socialist" and doesn't want to "Destroy the country" just like I don't care and doubt that he was born outside of the US just like I don't think his connection to Rev. Wright is important.

    I know all of those things are media spins to make Obama look bad...just as I know that you SHOULD know that Romney doesn't "hate poor people" Romney (and republicans in general) don't want to "take away your health care and social security" neither do they think everyone has to be religious or that abortion should be made illegal everywhere for all reasons.

    those are all media driven fallacies.

    you are frustrating Pizz...because you know that the media spins crap about Obama...and you'll call people out on in when they believe the spin about him right...which is good and I'm glad you are informed enough to know that.

    but on the other hand you seem to BELIEVE all the spin coming from the other side...and when we tell you it's spin and that's actually not what the candidate believes you say something like "Well I suppose that's your opinion man"

    No Pizz....just like Obama isn't "trying to destroy the country".....Romney doesn't "Hate poor people"

    That's "not like my opinion man" that's just a fact.

    you can't believe spin from one side and dismiss it from the other.
    I understand your point, and like i said earlier, it's difficult for me to walk the line of political view vs. not insulting people.

    It's not even the whole "hates the poor people" thing....i know thats exagerated....
    HOWEVER, like you said about how society defines conservativism, that's actually a big deal to me. And i know people don't want to hear that, because you will think that I'm ignoring platform to focus more on his social views....but, that's just how I feel, and it's very hard for me to ignore.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #137905
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,471
    Gotta run guys........you can preach to me later
    lol just kidding.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  6. #137906
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    HOWEVER, like you said about how society defines conservativism, that's actually a big deal to me. And i know people don't want to hear that, because you will think that I'm ignoring platform to focus more on his social views....but, that's just how I feel, and it's very hard for me to ignore.
    I'm not sure you understand what I meant there, my point was when "I" say conservative (and morehead too probably) we do not mean what you think we mean if you believe the current idea of what "conservative" is, truthfully? real conservatives are the most hard core about keeping religion OUT of politics, I bet you didn't know that did you? Conservatives are about keeping government completely out of your social life....

    the problem is "real" conservatives do not exist anywhere anymore...

    The conservatism you know about? well Romney isn't that either...so don't worry, Romney is a moderate...there is no real or fake conservatism in him.

  7. #137907
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,878
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what I meant there, my point was when "I" say conservative (and morehead too probably) we do not mean what you think we mean if you believe the current idea of what "conservative" is, truthfully? real conservatives are the most hard core about keeping religion OUT of politics, I bet you didn't know that did you? Conservatives are about keeping government completely out of your social life....

    the problem is "real" conservatives do not exist anywhere anymore...

    The conservatism you know about? well Romney isn't that either...so don't worry, Romney is a moderate...there is no real or fake conservatism in him.
    I disagree Daven. Romney is a fiscal conservative. that's what I care about. He is a social moderate and that's fine with me too.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #137908

  9. #137909
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    He isn't conservative enough, at least not in my opinion, I say this and Pizz and MMB jump all over me but it's the truth, he is cow-towing to the independents and even trying to win some undecided democrats over (people who are angry at Obama for not doing enough)

    the problem is in doing so he's proposing to take half measures everywhere, Half measures won't cut it, they won't even put a dent into the problems that already exist...at least not in one term...probably not even two.

    I mean it's absurd to call the guy who created the basis for Obama's national health care plan a conservative extremist...it is just stupid...but people who don't pay attention believe it and get scared.

    plus conservatism doesn't even mean the same thing it used to mean 30-40 years ago, to society Conservatism now means bible thumping social nut jobs, I don't want that kind of conservative, I want limited government conservatives...where are they? do they even exist anymore?
    IMO, I agree with Morehead. He's a moderate (Although his fiscal plan is very similar to the conservative Ryan proposed draft, except it also includes the repeal of Obamacare and restoration of the Medicare cuts taken by Obamacare- and I am already personally experiencing the impact of those cuts as I have Power of Attorney for my 91 yr old Mom who had a house call last week by a physician who was subcontracted by the government even though she has had the same primary physician for 30 years and I am now in a "debate" over the coverage of some of her medications for active conditions.) Romney's taxation policies are also conservative and he has a record of budget neutrality and debt reduction. Nice to see that Morehead can personally validate that from his time as govenor.

    The country has always been basically center-right, with the "right" being more focused on fiscal rather than social conservatism. I only see him appealing to moderate Dems as both parties have become more partisan. The majority of Americans do want bipartisanship, although the 2010 election was more trying to slow down the runaway train and spending that was the first two years of this administration with control of Congress as well. Bottom line is, we must stop the hemorrhaging first and foremost and it's vitally important that conservatives turn out.

    PS, I actually strongly support separation of church and state and the constitution and I'm an Independent. Naturally, that would mean I embrace states rights and the government closest to the people governs best because they are in a better position to understand the issues of the electorate and maintain a relevant dialogue with their constituency. From what I've read the overwhelming majority of Americans are concerned about government intrusion.
    Last edited by swimeasy; 10-01-2012 at 06:21 PM.

  10. #137910
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by student health insurance?

    I apologize in advance, because alot of what you said is slightly above my head in respect to healthcare. I'm not an expert sadly. I know what i have, i know the cost, i know it's good coverage (besides vision and dental which suck major ***), but I just don't know enough about everything in it's entirety. Sorry I cant contribute. And sorry I come across as an ad =P
    No worries Pizz. I am an eternal student of football on a never ending severe learning curve and most here are so helpful with answering my questions and I always appreciate that. And I may have come across more harsh than I intended so my apologies to you as well. The negative ads this year are nothing like I've ever seen before and I'm pretty sick of them.

    The following may help. The main college discussed is within walking distance to me. Guilford College is a Quaker school which honors the Quaker tradition of decisions through consensus. There are also other links that may be of interest embedded in this piece.

    "Health Insurance Costs Skyrocket For College Students Due To ObamaCare

    "http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/health-insurance-costs-skyrocket-college-students-due-obamacare

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts