+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #138041
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    wow, i just realized that it's possible that neither of you can relate to a normal living situation of people like my family....
    Until I was 18-19 years old Pizz my family was worse off then yours (less then 90K) there is not a substantial difference between what you grew up like and what you would have grown up like had your parents made double, trust me I know I lived through both situations....the tax brackets the way they are now...work WAY WAY better then you believe, to the point that we are taxing "high middle class" families as though they were rich already...right now, and Obama wants to make it worse

    I think the reason I understand this is because I CAN relate to both sides...since I've been there.

    I had to buy my own car Pizz because my parents couldn't afford to do so for me, I had to start working when I was 14, trust me I understand...I think perhaps you are misinformed about your own situation if anything.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.

  2. #138042
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why?
    The difference between Daven's mother and father's tax bracket issue, with their income, is nothing that ppl making 50k/yr(which last time i check is actually higher than the NY median) can relate to....it's like one of those #FirstWorldProblems posts.
    People wonder why there's class warfare(if you want to call it that. personally i dont)....its because of things like this.

    Daven tells me this as if I'm supposed to understand that problem, and im like "oh, I'm sorry, but i dont get it....my stepfather had to find a part time job, to offset property taxes and rebuild his bank account..... not worry about quitting one."

    This isn't a stab at Daven. I know you guys know I like you. but it makes me realize how out of touch people sometimes are with each other.

    You think if they made 250k in NY, that I'd even be talking about this? lol
    Last edited by JPizzack; 10-04-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #138043
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,710
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Until I was 18-19 years old Pizz my family was worse off then yours (less then 90K) there is not a substantial difference between what you grew up like and what you would have grown up like had your parents made double, trust me I know I lived through both situations....the tax brackets the way they are now...work WAY WAY better then you believe...

    I think the reason I understand this is because I CAN relate to both sides...since I've been there.

    I had to buy my own car Pizz because my parents couldn't afford to do so for me, I had to start working when I was 14, trust me I understand...I think perhaps you are misinformed about your own situation if anything.
    well im glad you say you can relate. but i dont know how i could be misinformed. my parents no longer make 90k....im not sure what my stepdad makes anymore, but i know my mom makes less than 40k

    for the record Daven, youre just listing things that I've done also, lol......i know my living situation would have not been substantially different. but there WOULD be a difference between my parents struggling with it, and DEALING with it.

    my message to the ACTUAL rich would be just that...."Deal with it"
    Last edited by JPizzack; 10-04-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #138044
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,790
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    The difference between Daven's mother and father's tax bracket issue, with their income, is nothing that ppl making 50k/yr(which last time i check is actually higher than the NY median) can relate to....it's like one of those #FirstWorldProblems posts.
    People wonder why their's class warfare(if you want to call it that. personally i dont)....its because of things like this.

    Daven tells me this as if I'm supposed to understand that problem, and im like "oh, I'm sorry, but i dont get it....my stepfather had to find a part time job, to offset property taxes and rebuild his bank account..... not worry about quitting one."

    This isn't a stab at Daven. I know you guys know I like you. but it makes me realize how out of touch people sometimes are with each other.

    You think if they made 250k in NY, that I'd even be talking about this? lol
    When I was 33 I had to take a part time job handing out towels and keys at a health club. I had 3 kids at home, a constantly late mortgage, a reposessed car and a crazy drunken wife. Then Lowell Weiker decided that we needed to pay a Connecticut income tax, and that i was "wealthy" enough to pay it.

    Everyone has had their **** Piz. Very few get away scott free. Yours is not some exclusive club.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #138045
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    well im glad you say you can relate. but i dont know how i could be misinformed. my parents no longer make 90k....im not sure what my stepdad makes anymore, but i know my mom makes less than 40k

    for the record Daven, youre just listing things that I've done also, lol......i know my living situation would have not been substantially different. but there WOULD be a difference between my parents struggling with it, and DEALING with it.


    that's my point Pizz, even though you think my family is some "well to do" family your situation and my situation was very similar....you are misinformed on what "rich" is.

    Was there a difference, perhaps a small one maybe I got playstation when you didn't? but not a difference worth a 15-20% tax hike on my family vs yours because we are "rich" when you are not (even though we have the same lifestyle lol)



    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    my message to the ACTUAL rich would be just that...."Deal with it"
    whats your definition of "actual" rich?
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-04-2012 at 03:25 PM.

  6. #138046
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    The difference between Daven's mother and father's tax bracket issue, with their income, is nothing that ppl making 50k/yr(which last time i check is actually higher than the NY median) can relate to....it's like one of those #FirstWorldProblems posts.
    People wonder why there's class warfare(if you want to call it that. personally i dont)....its because of things like this.

    Daven tells me this as if I'm supposed to understand that problem, and im like "oh, I'm sorry, but i dont get it....my stepfather had to find a part time job, to offset property taxes and rebuild his bank account..... not worry about quitting one."

    This isn't a stab at Daven. I know you guys know I like you. but it makes me realize how out of touch people sometimes are with each other.

    You think if they made 250k in NY, that I'd even be talking about this? lol
    50k median is 100K already Pizz...because it's house hold income right and both members of the family are working, on top of that if you are only making 100k as a family you are in a low tax bracket...you are taking 70% or more of that home (and getting other benefits from the government at that point)

    70% of 100k is 70k

    conversely if you are making 250k you are only bringing 50%ish home so now that's 125K right?

    think about kids...the 250K family has to pay for their kids college out of pocket...but the 100k Family get's federally supported scholarships that 10-20K a year right there.

    the gap between a family making 250k and 100k is MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller then you think Pizz...and that's the problem, Obama is making you hate people who in all respects are JUST LIKE YOU because he's telling you we aren't.

    I'm lucky to have learned this by having lived in both situations, you having only lived in my original situation can not fathom that making twice as much money as you make now would make almost no difference....but it's the truth...I know from experience.

    obviously when you are talking about millionaires it's different....but until you get up to much higher levels everyone else is still middle class...they still live similar lives.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-04-2012 at 03:33 PM.

  7. #138047
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,710
    I'm offended that you think I hate ppl because "Obama tells me so" like im some sort of democrat puppet....I've never had much sympathy for people who got taxed more because they made significantly more. Good for them....but dont cry about it.
    That goes way before I even knew who Obama was.

    And you don't have to preach to me if youre in the same financial situation I'm in....which by the way is fine.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  8. #138048
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,790
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm offended that you think I hate ppl because "Obama tells me so" like im some sort of democrat puppet....I've never had much sympathy for people who got taxed more because they made significantly more. Good for them....but dont cry about it.
    That goes way before I even knew who Obama was.

    And you don't have to preach to me if youre in the same financial situation I'm in....which by the way is fine.
    Let's put it this way.......How have the last 4 years worked out for you?
    Not too good for me.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #138049
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm offended that you think I hate ppl because "Obama tells me so" like im some sort of democrat puppet....I've never had much sympathy for people who got taxed more because they made significantly more. Good for them....but dont cry about it.
    That goes way before I even knew who Obama was.

    And you don't have to preach to me if youre in the same financial situation I'm in....which by the way is fine.
    no one expects or wants your sympathy here, what I'm telling you is that 250k is in my opinion, still well inside the "Middle Class" since my lifestyle and your lifestyle were "very" similar growing up I think that's proof of that, correct?

    so why is Obama trying to make sure those families making over 250k are taxed more heavily? what reason is there for it....these are families JUST LIKE YOURS ... does your family need to pay more taxes too? think how a 10% increase in taxes to your family would feel....

    I don't want your sympathy, I want you to understand what's being proposed...Obama doesn't want to only increase tax rates on monocle wearing rich folk...he wants to increase the tax rate on families just like yours.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

  10. #138050
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,279
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm offended that you think I hate ppl because "Obama tells me so" like im some sort of democrat puppet....I've never had much sympathy for people who got taxed more because they made significantly more. Good for them....but dont cry about it.
    That goes way before I even knew who Obama was.

    And you don't have to preach to me if youre in the same financial situation I'm in....which by the way is fine.
    I dont think you hate them, but in some of your posts you demonize them. And many on the left feel the same you do.
    You think its ok for the gov to take almost half your income? doesnt matter what class, its not right, its not American.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts