+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Let's put it this way.......How have the last 4 years worked out for you?
    Not too good for me.
    Well, you can chalk this up to me being younger, but....I've gotten promoted twice, and gotten 4 raises working for a rather moderate/conservative local(but successful) financial institution.
    My living situation is less than desirable, but i had fun for the past 3 years living with friends!! lol. In january I moved back home when my buddy sold his house in (flipped it technically), and I opted to move in with my mom, because financially benefits both her and I, and because I can't afford a home by myself in NY.
    My health insurance premiums have only increased once in 3 years, and it was only by $5 a month(maybe less).

Despite the fact that I don't necessarily like my job and it's redundancies, and i dont make a TON of money.....I've honestly and truthfully been fine for the past 4 years. Well, clearly better off than i was 4 years ago. But as mentioned, you might just attribute that to the fact that I'm young in comparison and have nowhere to go but up? idk....not sure what you would say to that actually. lol
    Last edited by JPizzack; 10-04-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    no one expects or wants your sympathy here, what I'm telling you is that 250k is in my opinion, still well inside the "Middle Class" since my lifestyle and your lifestyle were "very" similar growing up I think that's proof of that, correct?

so why is Obama trying to make sure those families making over 250k are taxed more heavily? what reason is there for it....these are families JUST LIKE YOURS ... does your family need to pay more taxes too? think how a 10% increase in taxes to your family would feel....

I don't want your sympathy, I want you to understand what's being proposed...Obama doesn't want to only increase tax rates on monocle wearing rich folk...he wants to increase the tax rate on families just like yours.
    And especially on small businesses like the one I work for.
    Get well soon 80.

so cabrera won the triple crown. good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Well, you can chalk this up to me being younger, but....I've gotten promoted twice, and gotten 4 raises working for a rather moderate/conservative financial institution.
    My living situation is less than desirable, but i had fun for the past 3 years living with friends!! lol. In january I moved back home when my buddy sold his house in (flipped it technically), and I opted to move in with my mom, because financially benefits both her and I, and because I can't afford a home by myself in NY.
    My health insurance premiums have only increased once in 3 years, and it was only by $5 a month(maybe less).

Despite the fact that I don't necessarily like my job and it's redundancies, and i dont make a TON of money.....I've honestly and truthfully been fine for the past 4 years. Well, clearly better off than i was 4 years ago. But as mentioned, you might just attribute that to the fact that I'm young in comparison and have nowhere to go but up? idk....not sure what you would say to that actually. lol
    How are the economic conditions for the bank you work for? Countless employees of small banks have been laid off all over the country.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Its a tremendous accomplishment.
    Get well soon 80.

Well, you can chalk this up to me being younger, but....I've gotten promoted twice, and gotten 4 raises working for a rather moderate/conservative local(but successful) financial institution.

what bank do you work for? Didnt happen to get a bail out did it?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    And especially on small businesses like the one I work for.
    yes it's even worse for small business's, you know the ones that create jobs for people...the ones that are literally struggling to function right now under the current tax burden, raise taxes more on places like these small businesses and they will have to go out of business....creating more unemployment...which creates a need for "higher taxes" in Obama's system...so you can afford the welfare for these newly unemployed people, which in turn creates more failing businesses which creates more unemployment...etc etc it's a vicious cycle.

Legendary achievement. Congrats to Miggy
    Oderint Dum Metuant

what bank do you work for? Didnt happen to get a bail out did it?
    Small banks didn't get bailed out. they just got burdened by Dodd Frank and don't lend money much for mortgages.
    Get well soon 80.

Legendary achievement. Congrats to Miggy
    I agree. I don't understand why anyone would minimize this. The friggin triple crown is as hard to do as anything in sports. The other may be broken by Drew Brees this weekend.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread