+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    I was at the wrong Wendys on 17 talking to a bunch of people who didnt look familiar and I just thought they read THEE Thread and joined in on the party until I called Lando and talked to you and found out I was at the wrong Wendys, LOL
    me and Pez both did that the first year, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    yea, you are just wrong here, Eli was a very good/bordering on great QB throughout the entire 2010 season almost all of the interceptions that happened that year can easily be attributed to either receivers running the wrong routes or the ball bouncing off their chests/facemasks, I don't say that because I'm an "eli cultist" I say that because you can SEE that by watching the games....go through and count how many passes hit our receivers before being intercepted and also count how many interceptions were thrown to an area on the field where none of our receivers were even remotely close to....those ones...yeah I'm not blaming them on Eli and those ones equate to 16-20 of the ints, if everything was exactly the same now but in 2010 he went 31TD's and 7 Int's you wouldn't be saying any of the things you are saying about his improvement.....but because his receivers made mistake in 2010 you see some sort of "phantom" improvement even though he's been playing as good as he played in 2011 and this year the last 4 or 5 years.

if you ask him or his coaches or the players they are all going to say the stock answer (yes he's improved) because they are supposed to improve every year...and he does...but there is no drastic difference between the 2011 Eli Manning and the 2010 Eli Manning, the drastic changed lies mostly in the receiving corps becoming suitable.
    Most int's "can" be attributed to something else. Thats just NFL football. The point is that Eli was careless with the ball in 2010 AND showed a tendancy to get hyped up early in games. He had many throws in the first quarter that were high, especially short throws, which have a tendancy to be tipped in the air.
    If there is any one factor that has changed with Eli its his general "calmness", which explains his avoiding those early, bad picks that he had in 2010. It also causes better pocket awareness where there used to be more panic amid a pass rush. Those dumb chucks into coverage in the face of a pass rush are far more rare with Eli. Which is EXACTLY what TC publicly complained about in his statement in Indianapolis in Feb. 2011.
    You can chalk it up to more experience, more confidence, the fear of God with such a terrible 2010...or whatever. But its clear in his game.
    The kid is just playing better and thats all there is to it. Lie to yourself if you must, but it doesn't change the truth.
    Get well soon 80.

On the whole Eli thing, he's def stepped his game up as a QB. He seems to be way calmer in the pocket and a much more aware each season, its not just this year. Eli has been getting better each year since he got in the league, its just that in these past few he's taken the jump from Average to Good to GREAT QB
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

All-Pro
    Occam's razor favors me here I think Morehead.

What's the simpler solution?

Young inexperienced receivers improving after getting some experience?

or a 4 year veteran QB suddenly making massive improvements to his game?

I think we both know...logically, my theory makes more sense Morehead, plus statistics back my theory up as well, also it's plain to see if you've remained objective over the years (as I have unlike some Phil Simms fan boy :P)

I know, you know I'm right, but if you want to continue to "daven" me go ahead I'll play my own game, you have been getting good at it recently.

(let me pull a MMB)

1 Daven - 0 Morehead.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Fan boy is the perfect description of MH's passionate feelings about Simms. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Occam's razor favors me here I think Morehead.

What's the simpler solution?

Young inexperienced receivers improving after getting some experience?

or a 4 year veteran QB suddenly making massive improvements to his game?

I think we both know...logically, my theory makes more sense Morehead, plus statistics back my theory up as well, also it's plain to see if you've remained objective over the years (as I have unlike some Phil Simms fan boy :P)

I know, you know I'm right, but if you want to continue to "daven" me go ahead I'll play my own game, you have been getting good at it recently.

(let me pull a MMB)

1 Daven - 0 Morehead.
    To me, the simplest solution is mine.
    1. A QB coming off a bad season
    2. A HC who states publicly that he needs to throw it away more and take more sacks.
    3. Higher productivity with a worse O line and worse running game.

Simplest solution with all those conditions..... Eli has progressed like most good and determined players do and in this case become a great QB.
    The least simple conclusion is to say that Eli's productivity increased as a product of better WR's when all other factors go against him like the play of the O line and the running game. Of course in the world of the Eli Cultist, Eli is always pure and good and its everyone else who drags him down.

Morehead: 22 (I don't know really. I've lost count)
    Scrappy: 0
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Eli threw the ball away in 2011 more than twice as many times as he did in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Eli threw the ball away in 2011 more than twice as many times as he did in 2010.
    The view of the Cultist is of a skewed and twisted reality. A bazaar world where Eli is all knowing and wondrous.
    For some reason, this false reality makes them feel a part of something that fills their empty lives.
    Its sad......yet makes me love them all the more for their pathetic needs.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The view of the Cultist is of a skewed and twisted reality. A bazaar world where Eli is all knowing and wondrous. For some reason, this false reality makes them feel a part of something that fills their empty lives.Its sad......yet makes me love them all the more for their pathetic needs.
    did you happen to write "a tale of two cities"

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    and yet retained the same completion rating and took more sacks...yeah, I'm sure that's what happened lol.

I feel like Izbo, but I'm sorry you and Morehead are entitled to your own opinion I suppose...I just don't see any evidence to support it and everything you guys are saying is easily proven factually incorrect.

just from watching the games you can easily tell it's the receiving corps that's making the leap forward in ability...not Eli.

I don't know why you are so against our receivers becoming better...it doesn't make any sense.

I mean it doesn't matter to me "who" get's better...as long as the team as a whole gets better, I know why Morehead wants to say Eli got so much better....it's so he can explain that now he doesn't hate him like he used to becaue he's "better" now....I don't know why you (Lawl) are agreeing with him and twisting history though.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-09-2012 at 05:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread