+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    and yet retained the same completion rating and took more sacks...yeah, I'm sure that's what happened lol.

I feel like Izbo, but I'm sorry you and Morehead are entitled to your own opinion I suppose...I just don't see any evidence to support it and everything you guys are saying is easily proven factually incorrect.

just from watching the games you can easily tell it's the receiving corps that's making the leap forward in ability...not Eli.

I don't know why you are so against our receivers becoming better...it doesn't make any sense.

I mean it doesn't matter to me "who" get's better...as long as the team as a whole gets better, I know why Morehead wants to say Eli got so much better....it's so he can explain that now he doesn't hate him like he used to becaue he's "better" now....I don't know why you (Lawl) are agreeing with him and twisting history though.
    That's the old, sad, hysterical Scrappy that I used to know.
    All is now right with the universe.

BTW...How ironic that you are now praising the WR corps that just a few years ago you called the "worst in the NFL".
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Its not made up. he threw the ball away significantly more in 2011. more than twice as many times as he did in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Its not made up. he threw the ball away significantly more in 2011. more than twice as many times as he did in 2010
    Lawl...To the Cultist, anything that doesn't prove that Eli has always been great (I mean from birth) MUST be made up.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    what evidence do you have to support that, because watching the games it certianly did not look like that was the case, and the statistics show that his Completion rate remained steady (it would have dipped a lot if he threw the ball away "Twice" as much like you claim) also they show that he took more sacks (28 vs 16) in 2011, if he was throwing the ball away he would have took less sacks.

I'm just saying Lawl, you can claim that he threw the ball away more if you want, whatever...but everything that can be looked at to see if that's the case points to the exact opposite conclusion.

perhaps you and morehead were just seeing what you wanted to see?

Veteran
    You dont understand. its not a random observation. it was a hard stat from a 3rd party that was posted on the forums last year. i tried searching for it all night to no avail. you can choose to.believe me or not.

Veteran
    The combination of more thrown away balls, more sacks taken and a maintained comp pct provide great evidence that he was that much better in 2011.

All-Pro
    The combination of more thrown away balls, more sacks taken and a maintained comp pct provide great evidence that he was that much better in 2011.
    I believe he took more sacks and that is an improvement (but it goes against Moreheads "elusiveness" comment) and perhaps he did throw a few more balls away...(i'd like to see the stat though) but I believe the maintained comp pct just comes from less dropped passes and more correctly run routes by his receives.

I'm not saying Eli manning doesn't get better every year....mostly what I'm saying is that the "dramatic" improvement from 2010 to 2011 wasn't his...he made his own little adjustments and tweaks...but he was "already" very good in 2010, the "dramatic" improvement came from new receivers coming into their own and actually doing the right things and executing correctly...

little tweaks don't make dramatic changes, learning a playbook, getting used to the "speed of the game" the type of improvements 1st year to 2nd year players make...that's whats responsible for dramatic improvement.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-10-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Elis 4 tds shy of Simms record, at age 31.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Elis 4 tds shy of Simms record, at age 31.
    that doesn't really mean much

that doesn't really mean much
    Doesn't hold the weight it used to, but it's still cool to know.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread