+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    This Libyan coverup will be a thorn in Obamas side come election day. Cant wait until they debate foreign policy.
    domestic policy is a bigger concern for me, the war's won't matter one way or another if we bankrupt ourselves first...Obama will continue spending us into oblivion, Romney will make the cuts necessary to get the middle class working again, Romney is for a strong middle class and that means a strong nation...after we fix ourselves then we can start worrying about the rest of the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    domestic policy is a bigger concern for me, the war's won't matter one way or another if we bankrupt ourselves first...Obama will continue spending us into oblivion, Romney will make the cuts necessary to get the middle class working again, Romney is for a strong middle class and that means a strong nation...after we fix ourselves then we can start worrying about the rest of the world again.
    The scary thing is one top official said yesterday that 10000-20000 stingers (shoulder to air missiles) are missing from Libya. No ones reporting it. Why the hell did we give them that many?! They can shoot down our aircraft and commercial airliners. Im more concerned about domestic policy too, but not by much. Were still at war, and its not against a country, its against a belief. And theyll sit and wait us out. Look at Afghan.

Do you think this hurts his chances of reelection at all?

I don't think one specific issue is going to do all the damage. This foreign policy ****up, combined with another bad showing at the next debate (i doubt it will be as bad), would totally sink him though.

That being said.....don't believe the "polls", every single goddamn source cites a different poll, and it's such BS. People don't always like to discuss which way they are leaning. (For example, I personally wouldn't answer a poll question, just so a pundit could use me as an example. no thx, im good)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    That being said.....don't believe the "polls"
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/

you should go there for polls, what they do is take all of them and take an average, you are right, each poll is worded a different way and takes a different cross section of people...but if you combine them all together it gives you a pretty good idea of what the general populace believes.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/

you should go there for polls, what they do is take all of them and take an average, you are right, each poll is worded a different way and takes a different cross section of people...but if you combine them all together it gives you a pretty good idea of what the general populace believes.
    combining a bunch of crappy polls just makes one large crappy poll =P

I get the point, but i still dont think it works.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

The only pollster I trust is Rassmussen. (BTW.. I went to school with Scott Rasmussen)
    He nailed the previous two Presidential elections exactly right.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

I don't know, In my opinion it does...I mean the crap polls are only crap because they are bias one way or another...take all of them put them together...the bias is gone and the result is a non-crap poll, at least that's what I think.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The only pollster I trust is Rassmussen. (BTW.. I went to school with Scott Rasmussen)
    He nailed the previous two Presidential elections exactly right.
    It's a good one, but any one polling agency can be unintentionally swayed one way or another...I still think taking an average from all the major polling agencies is the best course of action.

I'm going to a Primus concert tonight, they are doing this like 3D head trip tour.....I hate 3D, but hopefully it will be cool anyway
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=9DqK2PkFgtw

this rain up here in Maine has become a ****ing pain !

+ Reply to Thread