Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its going to be a very close election. The overconfidence of nice folks like Matt is misplaced. The enthusiasm gap could be a huge factor.
    If he wins all the swingstates you think he will, it wont be that close.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I just hate the whole thing right now, I know it has to be done, but I hate seeing people I care about and respect refuse to acknowledge that there is "spin" on both sides.

people literally think Romney is some sort of misogynist now because 90% of the media latched onto one comment (binders full of women)

Before this one plenty of people that I care about and who are otherwise intelligent actually "believe" that Romney's out to hurt poor people....that he wants to "steal" your social security and medicare.

the idea that Romney is any of that is so absolutely ridiculous that only an dullard would give it a second thought...that said a large portion of people I know who are otherwise intelligent believe these things....

I hate Election season because it makes me think less of people I generally think the world of.

I want to specify I don't think less of them because they have a differing opinion...that would be stupid/horrible.

Discussion differing opinions is generally the best way to learn about any topic.....no I think less of them because they simply believe everything they are told, they refuse to check to see if what they are being told is even remotely true...and that bothers me...because it's something every person should do....in my opinion.
    Jezz Daven welcome to the real world not all people are rocket scientists and have mba ....or study politics or do any research on political candidates beyond what they see on the television ....Most people know very little about economics beyond their own personal economic situation.....They come home from a hard days work set down for supper turn on the news / read the paper maybe watch a show or two..Then hit the hay...They aren't staying up to get in some Charlie Rose ......Point is people don't all think alike or make decisions the same way ...some people have more common sense than others....While I'd agree if your going to vote you should inform yourself with the facts..."good facts"...but still people are going to come to their decision many different ways for many different reasons.... dumb has a right to vote as well as dumber..... I will say this the media should be held to a much higher standard than it is these days ...and canidates shouldn't spend so much time trying to buy votes with bull****...be real win or loose ....but we know that will never happen so here we are

maybe a test for voters at the polls if you can't pass the test you can't vote ? hell make a rule that only the informed ,educated smart people vote.....or this one time just Romney suporters get to vote....
    Last edited by byron; 10-19-2012 at 07:13 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Jezz Daven welcome to the real world not all people are rocket scientists and have mba ....or study politics or do any research on political candidates beyond what they see on the television ....Most people know very little about economics beyond their own personal economic situation.....They come home from a hard days work set down for supper turn on the news / read the paper maybe watch a show or two..Then hit the hay...They aren't staying up to get in some Charlie Rose ......Point is people don't all think alike or make decisions the same way ...some people have more common sense than others....While I'd agree if your going to vote you should inform yourself with the facts..."good facts"...but people are going to come to their decision many different ways for many different reasons.... dumb has a right vote as well as dumber..... I will say this the media should be help to a much higher standard than it is these days ...and canidates shouldn't spend so much time trying to buy votes with bull****...be real win or loose....but we know that will never happen so here we are

maybe a test for voters if you can't pass the test you can't vote ? hell make a rule that only the informed ,educated smart people vote.....or this one time just Romney voters....
    you are right B, I just feel it's such an important time right now for the future of our country...and it kills me that people are making their decisions based on propaganda...these same people, if they only had easy access to the truth, would likely make different decisions then they are...and if they wouldn't that's fine too, I just want everyone to actually know whats going on before they make their decision, because it's important.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you are right B, I just feel it's such an important time right now for the future of our country...and it kills me that people are making their decisions based on propaganda...these same people, if they only had easy access to the truth, would likely make different decisions then they are...and if they wouldn't that's fine too, I just want everyone to actually know whats going on before they make their decision, because it's important.
    Daven, People who vote for Obama for those silly reasons were going to vote for him anyways.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Daven, People who vote for Obama for those silly reasons were going to vote for him anyways.
    Yeah I guess so...

David Carr and Jerrel Jernigan have been simulating Griffin in practice. Carr said teammates are joking around calling him RG minus 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    David Carr and Jerrel Jernigan have been simulating Griffin in practice. Carr said teammates are joking around calling him RG minus 5.
    oh man, that's cold.

HA! GET IT!?!? --___--
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Honestly.....JPP looked like a friggin moron there.
    Get well soon 80.

HAHAHA

OPA GANGNAM STYLE!! HEeeeeeeyy sexy laaaady!!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant