+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    How did we do vs. Cam Newton?
    pretty good, my point still stands though, we play poor defense against mobile quarterbacks more often then not.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    pretty good, my point still stands though, we play poor defense against mobile quarterbacks more often then not.
    Yea, we played well against Cam, but traditionally, we play lousy against running QBs, Vince Young used to give us issues even lol. Vick we've been kind of hit or miss....youd figure after playing against him 5+ times, we'd have it down...but, not so much.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I think Cam is over rated. Theyre 1-5. Werent that good last year. And he takes losses worse than me. He gets depressed, cant have that in a qb.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I think Cam is over rated. Theyre 1-5. Werent that good last year. And he takes losses worse than me. He gets depressed, cant have that in a qb.
    Well, when you have the #1 overall pick, you don't just miraculously become better.

Unless you're the Lions with Matt Stafford....that escalated quickly lol. Hopefully they get their **** together and make the north interesting.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    Well, when you have the #1 overall pick, you don't just miraculously become better.

Unless you're the Lions with Matt Stafford....that escalated quickly lol. Hopefully they get their **** together and make the north interesting.
    Thats true. But still I dont believe in these mobile qbs and I dont think theyll ever be successful on this level. Sure theyll get pretty stats but when they go against good defenses they usually fold. They try and do to much at times.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Thats true. But still I dont believe in these mobile qbs and I dont think theyll ever be successful on this level. Sure theyll get pretty stats but when they go against good defenses they usually fold. They try and do to much at times.
    RG3 doesn't remind me of any of the other running QB....

as a rookie, he can already throw better than Vick.(and most QBs in general it would seem)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I think its a myth that we don't play mobile QB's well. Good players, whether they are mobile or not give a lot of defenses problems.
    We are the team that supposedly created the blue print to stopping Michael Vick. Generally, going back to his Atlanta days, we played him as tough or tougher than any other team. We have had good and bad days vs. Romo. We owned Cam Newton and no one has stopped RG111 yet. Even Kapernick, who no one has stopped struggled against us.
    Since we generally play cover 2, our DB's are facing the QB which gives us an advantage against mobile QB's. But essentailly, when we play diciplined defense we can contain mobile QB's as well as any.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    I think its a myth that we don't play mobile QB's well. Good players, whether they are mobile or not give a lot of defenses problems.
    We are the team that supposedly created the blue print to stopping Michael Vick. Generally, going back to his Atlanta days, we played him as tough or tougher than any other team. We have had good and bad days vs. Romo. We owned Cam Newton and no one has stopped RG111 yet. Even Kapernick, who no one has stopped struggled against us.
    Since we generally play cover 2, our DB's are facing the QB which gives us an advantage against mobile QB's. But essentailly, when we play diciplined defense we can contain mobile QB's as well as any.
    The issue in my opinion is also our strength against pocket passers, Our D-Line collapses O-lines when they are hitting on all cylinders, Osi/Tuck/JPP they are all crashing down on the QB...the problem is once the QB makes those guys miss we have no contain, we just never have contain I don't know why but we just never ever do, Cam is trying much harder to be a pocket passer this year then he was last year from what I've seen...and he's good at it...but that's what we are good at preventing as a defense...our weakness is our contain.

The issue in my opinion is also our strength against pocket passers, Our D-Line collapses O-lines when they are hitting on all cylinders, Osi/Tuck/JPP they are all crashing down on the QB...the problem is once the QB makes those guys miss we have no contain, we just never have contain I don't know why but we just never ever do, Cam is trying much harder to be a pocket passer this year then he was last year from what I've seen...and he's good at it...but that's what we are good at preventing as a defense...our weakness is our contain.
    thats true of any defense. The reality is that most good mobile QB's extend plays and force secondaries to cover longer. If they're good, then defenses are going to have problems with them.
    Its not exclusive to us. But generally speaking, we have done well against mobile QB's in Fewell's system. Not so much in Spag's system of press coverage, thats a different matter. In that system, McNabb ate us up.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

thats true of any defense. The reality is that most good mobile QB's extend plays and force secondaries to cover longer. If they're good, then defenses are going to have problems with them.
    Its not exclusive to us. But generally speaking, we have done well against mobile QB's in Fewell's system. Not so much in Spag's system of press coverage, thats a different matter. In that system, McNabb ate us up.
    I remember owning the Falcons when Spags was here. Think we sacked Vick 7 times. Maybe its just me but I seem to remember Westbrook being the thorn in our side over Mcnabb. Not taking anything away from Mcnabb, he definitely had hes moments against us.

+ Reply to Thread