1. #138411
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,695
    I dont know why every ones saying it will be close. Even if the president wins Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Colorado he only has 21 states. Dont believe he has enough electoral votes either. Let me check.

  2. #138412
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,519
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont know why every ones saying it will be close. Even if the president wins Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Colorado he only has 21 states. Dont believe he has enough electoral votes either. Let me check.
    well, I trust the fact that all the major networks are all saying the same thing at this current time. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #138413
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,695
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    O-M-G A REAL PERSON!!!! NO ****IN WAY!!!!

    1 person's opinion in a place of millions doesn't really hold much weight to me.

    And Dezz, are you suggesting that they dont like him because he's republican? well then howd he get elected? oh because sometimes that just happens. it always happens. it's not uncommon. but to suggest that now a large majority doesn't like him, immediately it's because it's large a dem state? wtf is that logic?
    I dont know. Look at Maine. Its a blue state with republican gov, senator. Many factors play into it.

  4. #138414
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,519
    I gotta bounce for awhile....I have a meeting elsewhere

    SO LOOONG GAY BOYS!!!
    Last edited by JPizzack; 10-25-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #138415
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    1 person's opinion in a place of millions doesn't really hold much weight to me.
    So every time Dez and I, or any right leaning person on this forum brings up a poll it's bullcrap, its biased, blah blah blah (You say this every damn time) but you can bring up a poll and say its "very telling" as though the polls you post are inflatable but the polls we post mean nothing at all.

    you are being a big hypocrite Pezz.

  6. #138416
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,994
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont know why every ones saying it will be close. Even if the president wins Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Colorado he only has 21 states. Dont believe he has enough electoral votes either. Let me check.
    Romney basically needs Ohio to win. Would be very difficult otherwise.
    The problem for Romney is the electoral map. He could actually win the popular vote by 4 points and lose the election.
    And Romney was a fine governor. Mass. has always liked Republican governors. We had 18 straight years with a GOP governor until the moron currently in the Statehouse got elected.
    But Mass is a democratic state. The GOP does a poor job here. Its also a small state with a large city, which makes it hard for republicans to get elected.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #138417
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Romney basically needs Ohio to win. Would be very difficult otherwise.
    The problem for Romney is the electoral map. He could actually win the popular vote by 4 points and lose the election.
    And Romney was a fine governor. Mass. has always liked Republican governors. We had 18 straight years with a GOP governor until the moron currently in the Statehouse got elected.
    But Mass is a democratic state. The GOP does a poor job here. Its also a small state with a large city, which makes it hard for republicans to get elected.
    Iv read a few times Romney doesnt have to win Ohio if he wins Virginia and FL, which I think he will.

  8. #138418
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,994
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Iv read a few times Romney doesnt have to win Ohio if he wins Virginia and FL, which I think he will.
    No. He MUST win VA and Florida to have any chance.
    Essentially here's the breakdown. They MUST win Fla, NC and Virginia. Then they have to win Ohio and one other battleground state to win the election.
    If they lose Ohio. They must win Nevada, Colorado, and Wisconsin.
    He will win VA, NC and FL. He will win Colorado and probably NH. He essentially MUST win Ohio. If not he has to win states that are less likely than Ohio.
    What it comes down to is whoever wins Ohio has a 95% chance of winning the election.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #138419
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,519
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    So every time Dez and I, or any right leaning person on this forum brings up a poll it's bullcrap, its biased, blah blah blah (You say this every damn time) but you can bring up a poll and say its "very telling" as though the polls you post are inflatable but the polls we post mean nothing at all.

    you are being a big hypocrite Pezz.
    That's not true. I don't once recall you showing me a poll, or something, and me blatantly telling you it's biased. I know youre too smart to pull from fox or anything, so chances are I cant even say most things are biased. I can say that PEOPLE are biased.
    Or I can say that I dont agree with you on things (clearly we don't see eye to eye on most things political, just sports related lol).

    It is EXTREMELY difficult to get ANY unbiased information. Especially online, since it's such a massive resource, without ways of verifying alot of info. (at least i wouldnt know how to). The link that i quoted the romney stat from was from a list of averaged polls(which you last week said is the only semi-accurate way of polling) in that geographic area. since you already know where I found it, I can assume you looked.

    My point about MH's sole opinion as a Mass resident not holding alot of weight, was because he's one person. Since I've known MH long enough to at least believe he has no reason to lie about his political views, I respect his POVs(though not always agree). But I'm also not going to argue data.

    We can just drop these topics altogether, and to be honest, that'd make me even happier than debating, day in & day out. =p
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #138420
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,994
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    That's not true. I don't once recall you showing me a poll, or something, and me blatantly telling you it's biased. I know youre too smart to pull from fox or anything, so chances are I cant even say most things are biased. I can say that PEOPLE are biased.
    Or I can say that I dont agree with you on things (clearly we don't see eye to eye on most things political, just sports related lol).

    It is EXTREMELY difficult to get ANY unbiased information. Especially online, since it's such a massive resource, without ways of verifying alot of info. (at least i wouldnt know how to). The link that i quoted the romney stat from was from a list of averaged polls(which you last week said is the only semi-accurate way of polling) in that geographic area. since you already know where I found it, I can assume you looked.

    My point about MH's sole opinion as a Mass resident not holding alot of weight, was because he's one person. Since I've known MH long enough to at least believe he has no reason to lie about his political views, I respect his POVs(though not always agree). But I'm also not going to argue data.

    We can just drop these topics altogether, and to be honest, that'd make me even happier than debating, day in & day out. =p
    Not me...I love a good fight. Lets have it out and shake hands after we're done.

    But here's the problem with the polls. Most are NOT biased. But they can't calculate the enthusiasm gap. Plus they don't tell the whole story. If an incumbant is at 47%, even if he's up lets say 47-45, he will lose. Undecides always break hugely towards the challenger.
    The wild card is Wisconsin. The GOP was done a huge favor with this recall election this year by the Dems. They have a great "get out the vote" organization already in place. If Romney carries Wisconsin, he WILL win the election with or without Ohio. Because he will most certainly carry Colorado and NH if he wins Wisc.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 10-25-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts