+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No no You misunderstand. The members of Congress have would have no vote. It would just break down to Congressional districts. I am in the first district of Mas. My district will probably go Romney. Maybe the only one. That should be one electoral vote for Mass. Instead its just a statewide election and the winner gets all the electoral votes. thats less democratic.

So In Ohio they have 18 electoral votes, which means they have 16 congressional districts. So if 9 districts go with Romney and 7 with Obama, and Romney wins the total vote in the state, Romney would get 11 electoral votes and Obama 7. The way it is now, Romney would get all 18.
    ok, seems like we're on the same page. i think that made more sense to me than your first post about it. dont know why, lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Back to reality pappy #eliobama2012

OBAMA!

sorry..
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    OBAMA!

sorry..
    Wow you went and posted in this thread just for that?

I don't care who would have won. I weep for this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Wow you went and posted in this thread just for that?

I don't care who would have won. I weep for this country.
    Butt hurt much? I didn't mean to offend.

Butt hurt much? I didn't mean to offend.
    Overreaction much?

I wasn't offended silly girl. I'm more sad than offended. Both parties suck. but hey, by all means go celebrate your hero.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-07-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Overreaction much?

I wasn't offended silly girl. I'm more sad than offended. Both parties suck. but hey, by all means go celebrate your hero.
    My hero is God. Thanks for playing.

Overreaction much?

I'm sorta with you Rusty. I've become disenchanted with both political parties believing that they hold too much power and are more interested in just getting the seat as opposed to making actual change without consequence. At this point, I just vote for the candidate who helps me out the most financially. I so envy the European nations that have more than 2 political parties that have actual power.

My hero is God. Thanks for playing.
    May God have mercy on us. That's all I can hope for. I just want what's best for this amazing country that I am lucky enough to live in.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-07-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I'm sorta with you Rusty. I've become disenchanted with both political parties believing that they hold too much power and are more interested in just getting the seat as opposed to making actual change without consequence. At this point, I just vote for the candidate who helps me out the most financially. I so envy the European nations that have more than 2 political parties that have actual power.
    It's depressing. I feel like the deck is stacked against me. It doesn't feel like democracy to me at all sometimes. But the people, as a whole, have spoken. We decide our own fate. And we can only blame ourselves.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-07-2012 at 02:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread