1. #138661
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,792
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    no one has suggested to me that this is the case, It's just my opinion on what I see, you are repeating talking points thus propoganda...I'm just calling it like I see it, maybe I'm wrong but all the evidence points towards my conclusion...at least that's how I see it.
    You are right. He is just regurgitating the Dem. talking points.

    I will say this and you may not agree. There have been a lot of recriminations within the GOP about Mitt Romney. Well he had to navigate a crazy GOP primary. It was said this morning on morning Joe. They put cement shoes on him and then blamed him for sinking.

    My point is that Romney would have been a truly great President. A solid fiscal hawk and a social moderate. Its the old "be careful what you ask for" deal. Now these folks have it. The irony is thats its his biggest supporters (the young voters) who will have to pay the tab for this crushing debt. Not guys like me.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #138662
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,712
    Honestly....if you guys agree with each other on everything, then why do you either bother posting about it? lol

    It's just me here.....I don't see anyone else other then the occasional Matt and Byron appearance here to defend my beliefs....it doesn't matter to me that we don't see eye to eye....but not once have I ever brought this stuff up....I just constantly have to respond for the sake of YOU thinking youre winning an arrgument. It's old. and I can't escape it anymore. I stayed out of the political talks in this forum FOREVER, but i couldn't any longer.

    But i tell ya what, I regret it...I can't even go out in public anymore without defending myself to someone....everyone's a ****ing expert apparently.

    I'm going to use this post to quit these talks. Not because i dont care, not because you call me uninformed, regurgitating dem talking points.....but because it doesn't technically belong here, and Morehead as a prime example is in no state of mind to speak rationally to me in general, but even more so post-election. I'm done.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #138663
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,792
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    Honestly....if you guys agree with each other on everything, then why do you either bother posting about it? lol

    It's just me here.....I don't see anyone else other then the occasional Matt and Byron appearance here to defend my beliefs....it doesn't matter to me that we don't see eye to eye....but not once have I ever brought this stuff up....I just constantly have to respond for the sake of YOU thinking youre winning an arrgument. It's old. and I can't escape it anymore. I stayed out of the political talks in this forum FOREVER, but i couldn't any longer.

    But i tell ya what, I regret it...I can't even go out in public anymore without defending myself to someone....everyone's a ****ing expert apparently.

    I'm going to use this post to quit these talks. Not because i dont care, not because you call me uninformed, regurgitating dem talking points.....but because it doesn't technically belong here, and Morehead as a prime example is in no state of mind to speak rationally to me in general, but even more so post-election. I'm done.

    We are citizens. Its our responsibility to be experts to a certain extent. Its our responsiibility to have some basic understanding of economics and the state of the world. And I'm over the frustration. Its on to the mid terms in 2014.
    My fear is the coming fiscal cliff and both the President (who won his election) and the GOP House (who won their elections) have dug in and seem destined for a political war. Which is exactly why Obama needed to be defeated.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #138664
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,279
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    Honestly....if you guys agree with each other on everything, then why do you either bother posting about it? lol

    It's just me here.....I don't see anyone else other then the occasional Matt and Byron appearance here to defend my beliefs....it doesn't matter to me that we don't see eye to eye....but not once have I ever brought this stuff up....I just constantly have to respond for the sake of YOU thinking youre winning an arrgument. It's old. and I can't escape it anymore. I stayed out of the political talks in this forum FOREVER, but i couldn't any longer.

    But i tell ya what, I regret it...I can't even go out in public anymore without defending myself to someone....everyone's a ****ing expert apparently.

    I'm going to use this post to quit these talks. Not because i dont care, not because you call me uninformed, regurgitating dem talking points.....but because it doesn't technically belong here, and Morehead as a prime example is in no state of mind to speak rationally to me in general, but even more so post-election. I'm done.
    I think everyone in here keeps it pretty rational, except for Matts gloating.

  5. #138665
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,712
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I think everyone in here keeps it pretty rational, except for Matts gloating.
    If you think he does it for any other reason than to grind your gears, youre wrong. lol

    Matt's a smart guy, he's better at this **** than I am....but Matt's not here right now, is he? lol

    I just don't want to do it anymore, and I encourage you all to do the same. Regardless of where we live, what we believe, there's really only one reason we all came to this forum. Because we're Giants fans....
    I just don't like it anymore. It's bad enough we're a country divided on issues....I don't see the point of doing it here also.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  6. #138666
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    Matt's a smart guy, he's better at this **** than I am....but Matt's not here right now, is he?
    I beg to differ, Matt is irrational, you are rational, you are far better at this then Matt is...more knowledgeable as well in my opinion.

    he just has a thicker skin

  7. #138667
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,792
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    If you think he does it for any other reason than to grind your gears, youre wrong. lol

    Matt's a smart guy, he's better at this **** than I am....but Matt's not here right now, is he? lol

    I just don't want to do it anymore, and I encourage you all to do the same. Regardless of where we live, what we believe, there's really only one reason we all came to this forum. Because we're Giants fans....
    I just don't like it anymore. It's bad enough we're a country divided on issues....I don't see the point of doing it here also.
    I don't think less of people because they disagree with me on politics at all. My two step-daughters disagree with me on a lot when it comes to politics. We have very intense debates about politics and love and respect each other for our knowledge of the issues of the day.
    Some folks think arguing involves some disapproval of each other. i don't. Its two sides of the same coin. To me there are two kinds of people in this case. Those who give a **** and take the time to educate themselves, and those who don't.

    now as far as Matt's behavior is concerned. That was totally classless. And I told him on Facebook. Its not a game. Its the future of the country.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #138668
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Some folks think arguing involves some disapproval of each other. i don't. Its two sides of the same coin. To me there are two kinds of people in this case. Those who give a **** and take the time to educate themselves, and those who don't.
    This...soo much this!

    My sister is very much a liberal and we argue about politics every time I get to see her at some point we will end up having an argument over politics...It's actually refreshing...It's nice to see what an intelligent educated person opinions are when they differ from my own.

    and to your point that me and Morehead always agree on this Jpezz...you are incorrect, me and Morehead do not always agree when it comes to political beliefs...so much so that he genuinely likes Romney...he thinks he was a good candidate, I don't, I think he was a crappy candidate and I'm upset with the Republican party for not finding someone better to run.

    that said what we do agree on is that 4 more years of Obama's spending is as close to a death sentence as you can get for our nations economy.

  9. #138669
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,712
    Regardless, I don't want to continue these discussions any longer. I understand your POVs....and I don't wanna debate them day in, day out....it's tiring to me. I'm not like you guys in that respect.

    As for Matt, he's not here to defend himself, I'm sorry I brought it up...lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #138670
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,792
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    Regardless, I don't want to continue these discussions any longer. I understand your POVs....and I don't wanna debate them day in, day out....it's tiring to me. I'm not like you guys in that respect.

    As for Matt, he's not here to defend himself, I'm sorry I brought it up...lol
    Well everybody is different. You are like my wife in this respect. A few months ago, my girls were over for dinner and the three of us started a heated debate at the table, my wife and my son-in-law went into the kitchen and talked about less weighty stuff. Those two hate arguing. My girls and I love it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts