+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #138801
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,129
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    I'd like to think that at this point, the Republican party is going to be trying to distancing themselves from the crazies; one area that palin excells in.

    that being said......they are really bad at doing that. lol
    The favorite right now for 2016 is Christie. Rubio is a star in the GOP but I think he's better as a legislator than an executive. And an underdog is Scott Brown. He will end up as our governor by 2014 (unless John Kerry becomes Sec of State) and will be in a good spot for a run.
    But ****ey is absolutely right. The GOP is shedding the nutjobs in the primaries. There will be more of a Libertarian tone to our party. Fiscal conservatism and social moderation.
    After the Prez takes us over the fiscal cliff in 6 weeks, he will be a damaged leader. Expect huge gains in 2014 in the Congress.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #138802
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,129
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont think shes crazy at all. Shes very intelligent and still very attractive. The media trashes her every chance they get. And the whole baby thing with her daughter. If she cant control her daughter how can she run a country. I like her, just not presidential material, but hey neither were the last few presidents.
    She's a lightweight. she still knows nothing and the party has no interest in having her around. She's a right wing extremist and Its people like her that lost the election for us.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #138803
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The favorite right now for 2016 is Christie. Rubio is a star in the GOP but I think he's better as a legislator than an executive. And an underdog is Scott Brown. He will end up as our governor by 2014 (unless John Kerry becomes Sec of State) and will be in a good spot for a run.
    But ****ey is absolutely right. The GOP is shedding the nutjobs in the primaries. There will be more of a Libertarian tone to our party. Fiscal conservatism and social moderation.
    After the Prez takes us over the fiscal cliff in 6 weeks, he will be a damaged leader. Expect huge gains in 2014 in the Congress.
    Youre right, but I feel Rubio has more mass appeal. Better speaker, better looking (it matters jfk/nixon), and brings in the latino vote.

  4. #138804
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Fiscal conservatism and social moderation.
    This is what we need, I mean It's what I stand for clearly since I've been saying I'm a libertarian for a while now, but the old school social policies on abortion and birth control and religion are just that...old school...they are currently out of place...I've been saying that all along.

    now cutting spending on humongously wasteful programs like the Affordable Health Care act, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc etc (and yes maybe even the military) is still something that HAS to happen....it's not a question of "if" it's a question of when...obviously it won't happen during Obama's rule, he's a one trick pony promise everything to everyone deliver nothing to no one and increase spending on everything....that's what he does.

    but eventually our economy just won't be able to sustain itself...the cuts will come either because we recognize this...or because we simply no longer have the money to fund them.

  5. #138805
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,129
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Youre right, but I feel Rubio has more mass appeal. Better speaker, better looking (it matters jfk/nixon), and brings in the latino vote.
    Christie has "it". He's the best politician in the country right now. The American people want straight talk right now, not the BS the Pres. is blowing up our asses.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #138806
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    She's a lightweight. she still knows nothing and the party has no interest in having her around. She's a right wing extremist and Its people like her that lost the election for us.
    I dont think shes an extremist at all but shes def painted as one.

  7. #138807
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,129
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    This is what we need, I mean It's what I stand for clearly since I've been saying I'm a libertarian for a while now, but the old school social policies on abortion and birth control and religion are just that...old school...they are currently out of place...I've been saying that all along.

    now cutting spending on humongously wasteful programs like the Affordable Health Care act, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc etc (and yes maybe even the military) is still something that HAS to happen....it's not a question of "if" it's a question of when...obviously it won't happen during Obama's rule, he's a one trick pony promise everything to everyone deliver nothing to no one and increase spending on everything....that's what he does.

    but eventually our economy just won't be able to sustain itself...the cuts will come either because we recognize this...or because we simply no longer have the money to fund them.
    I don't see how we aren't going over the fiscal cliff. There are simply not the votes in the House for a tax rate hike on anyone. Those guys got elected too. Many would lose their seats if they voted for anything the President is proposing. Thats what people don't understand. Its not about Baehner and Obama. They can agree on whatever they want. The House (and even the Senate) would have an impossible time passing rate hikes in a slow economy.
    The arrogance in the White House never ceases to amaze me. they are very good at getting elected, bad at governing.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #138808
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Christie has "it". He's the best politician in the country right now. The American people want straight talk right now, not the BS the Pres. is blowing up our asses.
    does the public understand that the Pres. is BSing right now though Morehead? I think the election goes to show that the slight majority of our country literally does not understand this.

    nearly everyone I know who voted for Obama voted for him for reasons that they would have been better off voting for Romney.

    want to help the poor? Romney not Obama was better for that.
    want to help the elderly? Romney not Obama was better for that.
    want less warmongering? Romney not Obama was better for that.
    women's rights? middle class etc etc etc.

    like literally everything Matt talks about...all the reasons he voted for Obama (if he voted :P) were better represented by Romney...the things matt wanted would have be easier to get with Romney at the helm, unfortunately for and for our country Matt (and most people like him) simple never could understand that, they were blinded by propaganda.

    the problem isn't that we need a better candidate Morehead...we need a more informed electorate.

    people vote on commercials now...on false promises, not real information.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 11-20-2012 at 01:21 PM.

  9. #138809
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,129
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont think shes an extremist at all but shes def painted as one.
    She is painted as one..that's true. But as a guy who wrote in her name for President in 2008, I can tell you that she is very disappointing. She holds these stupid hyper conservative social views which have been completely rejected by the American people.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #138810
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,129
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    does the public understand that the Pres. is BSing right now though Morehead? I think the election goes to show that the slight majority of our country literally does not understand this.

    nearly everyone I know who voted for Obama voted for him for reasons that they would have been better off voting for Romney.

    want to help the poor? Romney not Obama was better for that.
    want to help the elderly? Romney not Obama was better for that.
    want less warmongering? Romney not Obama was better for that.
    women's rights? middle class etc etc etc.

    like literally everything Matt talks about...all the reasons he voted for Obama (if he voted :P) we better represented by Romney...the things matt wanted would have be easier to get with Romney at the helm.

    the problem isn't that we need a better candidate Morehead...we need a more informed electorate.

    people vote on commercials now...on false promises, not real information.
    I said it before the election. Its ironic that those who supported Obama the most, young people, are the ones who are going to be left paying the tab for his policies.
    Guys like me have saved our money and will be fine. And the rich will ALWAYS be fine. They know how to work the system. But a $20 trillion debt will come due. And not long from now. Guess who's going to be left holding the bag?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts