+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I disagree with this byron, the knocking the rich down will only hurt this country further, the Rich are always going to be fine...if "america" becomes hostile to the rich people who live here (most of which own or run companies) they will just leave...and the jobs they create (and they do create jobs) will leave with them.

a war against the rich is a war against everyone who lives in this country because right now the rich are the people supporting this country more then anyone else.
    "The rich" are small business owners who employ 65% of working Americans.

These guys think that they are wall street tycoons who where top hats and monocles. The "hate the rich" campaign worked in this election. People love to blame someone else for their problems and the Dem's gave the masses their boogie man. (or men)
    Voters are gullible .
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    I have the same POV. it's hard to get past, and I find it all infuriating....

When ppl like you and I say something liek that though, republican voters jsut call us uneducated voters....their defense mechanism for being people who don't care about people.
    No, ubber Christians do that. Honestly I could give a **** less about any of those situations because I dont see them as real political problems. Its just a load of crap to fire up bases and smoke screens to take your eyes off the real issues. Youre uneducated if you think Roevs wade can be over turned.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "The rich" are small business owners who employ 65% of working Americans.

These guys think that they are wall street tycoons who where top hats and monocles. The "hate the rich" campaign worked in this election. People love to blame someone else for their problems and the Dem's gave the masses their boogie man. (or men)
    Voters are gullible .
    Scare tactics from the left definitely played a large role in this election no doubt.

whether it was the "hate the rich" or "The republicans want to kill your grandma" or the "binders full of women" (aka Repub's hate women campaign) it seems like they all were believed to a significant extent....which is really, really sad.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 11-21-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Scare tactics from the left definitely played a large role in this election no doubt.

whether it was the "hate the rich" or "The republicans want to kill your grandma" or the "binders full of women" (aka Repub's hate women campaign) it seems like they all were believed to a significant extent....which is really, really sad.
    what's really sad is that people dont consider equality, rights, and freedoms "real issues"....

"Hate the rich" isn't spin......it's more like "make the rich do their part".....which they dont.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

what's really sad is that people dont consider equality, rights, and freedoms "real issues"....

"Hate the rich" isn't spin......it's more like "make the rich do their part".....which they dont.
    What equality, rights and freedoms are you talking about? This isnt the 1950's.

Iv said this before, if you make 250k as a business owner a year, youre not rich, far from it. You still have to pay overhead. And understand this Mr. ****, if Obama get his tax on the rich, it will only be enough to run the gov for 8 days!!! Its really scary that a man who couldnt even get one single dem to vote for his budget is in charge of all this.

All-Pro

It is spin because the rich do more then they should already, they already give more then half of their income to us, they create the jobs for us they still find a way to give huge amounts of money to charities.

rich people (and companies) support this country, without them we would be in a sad state...

what do they get for that? they are hated by people who don't even understand why they hate them.

equality,rights,freedoms? we have those...they are being taken away from us by BOTH sides of government, Democratic and Republican equally.

you are arguing for SMALL government...smaller the government the more freedoms and rights we have and yet you are supporting the BIG government party although admittedly the Republicans have been growing government recently also

that's what bothers me Pezz...you are saying you want something...but supporting the people who are in direct confrontation of the thing you want.

It is spin because the rich do more then they should already, they already give more then half of their income to us, they create the jobs for us they still find a way to give huge amounts of money to charities.

rich people (and companies) support this country, without them we would be in a sad state...

what do they get for that? they are hated by people who don't even understand why they hate them.

equality,rights,freedoms? we have those...they are being taken away from us by BOTH sides of government, Democratic and Republican equally.

you are arguing for SMALL government...smaller the government the more freedoms and rights we have and yet you are supporting the BIG government party although admittedly the Republicans have been growing government recently also

that's what bothers me Pezz...you are saying you want something...but supporting the people who are in direct confrontation of the thing you want.
    I'm talking about the social issues, AND THEN i commented on your "hate the rich" comment....not related.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    I'm talking about the social issues, AND THEN i commented on your "hate the rich" comment....not related.
    I responded to both Pezz.

our constitution sets up our government as a "restrictive" entity, it can only tell you want you "can't do" not what you "can" do.

the "smaller" our government the less they can take from you.

freedoms, rights, equality....those things are all inherent...they are not given to us by the government they are given to us simply because we exist! the government can not GIVE you a right they can not GIVE you a freedom or even make something "equal" all they can do is remove those things, and in the case of like say "murder" that is a "right" or "freedom" NO ONE should have so I'm all for them taking that away from us.

but you have to understand rights and freedoms are things we already possess just by being alive...the only thing the government can do is take them away from us, the bigger the government becomes the more they will take away.

the Dem's are the party of BIG government...they "act" like they are trying to help people...but they are not doing that, they are collecting as much power as possible..they want to control every aspect of your life, the Republicans USED to be small government...and I'm praying they go back to that...because that's where true freedom and equality come from.

Who saw sons last night? Real good.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Who saw sons last night? Real good.
    Not yet. Cant wait though. 90 mins, right?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread