+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #138991
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    In THIS era its not. The rule favor the passing game so much now. The NFL is making it easy to throw the ball. In THIS era, a 2 to 1 ratio is a baseline expectation for a good QB (not great...just good) in his prime.
    I'm the one who brought up the fact that this era the stats mean less because the QB's are practically playing a different game you don't have to remind me, that said wait you are saying is categorical incorrect, you are just wrong, you are rating Eli on some ridiculous level asking for a 2/1 TD/Int ratio which almost never happens even in THIS era...go through all the currently starting QB's in the NFL...you might find 4 or 5 that have what you are looking for, and the ones that do I'll admit...they are better then Eli, but we are talking about Peyton Manning Tom Brady Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bress....and even then I'd still trust Eli over any of them when it comes down to a game winning drive in the 4Qtr....which to me is much more important then some stat line that has no real bearing on whether a QB is good or not.

    Chad Pennington also looks good probably if you look at TD's vs Ints....he still couldn't through a ball over 20yds and was ****.

  2. #138992
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKRScrC9i34
    Watch these throws and tell me that Eli could ever throw the ball like this.
    you have good ole days blinders on MH if you think Eli couldn't make every single one of those throws you are crazy....

    does he "always" do it...no, but he could/can and HAS completed passes not unlike every single one of the ones in your linked video.

    (Also Simms threw into double coverage A LOT that game huh, I didn't remember that...)

  3. #138993
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKRScrC9i34
    Watch these throws and tell me that Eli could ever throw the ball like this.
    Thats such crap Mh. Should I get a high light real of ELi lighting a defense up?? Eli makes those throws all day every day. Stop

  4. #138994
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,684
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I'm the one who brought up the fact that this era the stats mean less because the QB's are practically playing a different game you don't have to remind me, that said wait you are saying is categorical incorrect, you are just wrong, you are rating Eli on some ridiculous level asking for a 2/1 TD/Int ratio which almost never happens even in THIS era...go through all the currently starting QB's in the NFL...you might find 4 or 5 that have what you are looking for, and the ones that do I'll admit...they are better then Eli, but we are talking about Peyton Manning Tom Brady Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bress....and even then I'd still trust Eli over any of them when it comes down to a game winning drive in the 4Qtr....which to me is much more important then some stat line that has no real bearing on whether a QB is good or not.

    Chad Pennington also looks good probably if you look at TD's vs Ints....he still couldn't through a ball over 20yds and was ****.
    I'm not "rating" Eli exclusively on this. But to me, this is the only stat that is really telling about a QB's passing ability. The rst is what you see on the field. Obviously a guy who doesn't throw a lot can have a good % but it would show in his lack of yardage. Eli throws a lot but he doesn't throw a lot of TD passes. I would say that a lot of picks is more acceptable if what you said before was true, that he needs to take more chances. If that were true he'd have a lot more TD's to go against the picks. But he doesn't. I'm really not sure why but he definitely lags behind other outstanding QB's in this important guage.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #138995
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,684
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you have good ole days blinders on MH if you think Eli couldn't make every single one of those throws you are crazy....

    does he "always" do it...no, but he could/can and HAS completed passes not unlike every single one of the ones in your linked video.

    (Also Simms threw into double coverage A LOT that game huh, I didn't remember that...)
    Not one of those throws quacked.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #138996
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,343
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you have good ole days blinders on MH if you think Eli couldn't make every single one of those throws you are crazy....

    does he "always" do it...no, but he could/can and HAS completed passes not unlike every single one of the ones in your linked video.

    (Also Simms threw into double coverage A LOT that game huh, I didn't remember that...)
    When we get a bit older, around MH's age, and the next great qb comes along for the Giants, are we going to be as spiteful???

  7. #138997
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not one of those throws quacked.
    Soooo Phils better than Eli cause his spiral is prettier. Youre killing me here....

  8. #138998
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,684
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Soooo Phils better than Eli cause his spiral is prettier. Youre killing me here....
    Put it this way. You throw a 57 year old Phil into a pit with a 31 year old Eli. You know who would be the only one to climb out.
    Oh yeah....plus he was just a better passer and a better leader of men as well.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #138999
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,684
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    When we get a bit older, around MH's age, and the next great qb comes along for the Giants, are we going to be as spiteful???
    its not spite....it's hate.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #139000
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,068
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    That's very Morehead of you to say... lol
    I saw Phil play a good amount of his years, and he was a great player. One of the toughest players I have ever seen. He took hits that took players out for seasons. Hense why he was injured a lot early on in his career. Other then Marino, Elway and Montana Phil had one of the best passes in his era. Great spiral, clean release, great accuracy.
    I literally said that to sound exactly like Morehead. Guess I forgot the red text, except I meant no disrespect to Simms lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts