Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    hmmm....guess it depends on how much $$ they wanna eat I guess. We haven't been overspending the past 2 years, and we've had money come off the books technically. It'd crappy business decision, but clearly he's not a long term option any more.
    So you haven't heard the news about Arod using HDH?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Before I didnt care, but now I def want the Ravens to win. 9ers sound like a bunch of babies.
    As I have been arguing with everyone in another thread, the Gore comments don't bother me at all. But Kyle Williams thing is ridiculous whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    As I have been arguing with everyone in another thread, the Gore comments don't bother me at all. But Kyle Williams thing is ridiculous whining.
    Yea the Gore comments dont really bother me to much either. It is kind of like saying "they didnt win, we lost" but I sometimes feel the same when the Giants lose close games or games I felt they should have won. But Williams..... He muffed the first punt and was stripped on the second one and hes *****ing about the Giants trying to take him out, when the 9ers are playing the sb. Its funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Yea the Gore comments dont really bother me to much either. It is kind of like saying "they didnt win, we lost" but I sometimes feel the same when the Giants lose close games or games I felt they should have won. But Williams..... He muffed the first punt and was stripped on the second one and hes *****ing about the Giants trying to take him out, when the 9ers are playing the sb. Its funny to me.
    First of all, Williams is a friggin crybaby with these comments.
    But to be fair, he really didn't muff the first punt, at least not in the classic sense. The ball bounced funny and touched his leg.

So you haven't heard the news about Arod using HDH?
    Yea...i heard originally in 2008 also. lol

I also dont think teams use that as a reason to get rid of a player. Only fans have that train of thought. The team has 2 things in mind. Winning, and the business aspect. If they decide that he can no longer help the team, whether healthy or not, then yea, I could definitely see them terminating the contract. but, damn that would cost them a ton of $

As of right now, I have no idea what they'll do.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea...i heard originally in 2008 also. lol

I also dont think teams use that as a reason to get rid of a player. Only fans have that train of thought. The team has 2 things in mind. Winning, and the business aspect. If they decide that he can no longer help the team, whether healthy or not, then yea, I could definitely see them terminating the contract. but, damn that would cost them a ton of $

As of right now, I have no idea what they'll do.
    Well they can try to talk him into retirement and have some kind of settlement. All to spare an ugly battle.

Well they can try to talk him into retirement and have some kind of settlement. All to spare an ugly battle.
    I'll give you one BIG reason he won't retire or take a settlement. $120 million dollars.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Yea thats true. I'll be honest, I have no idea what kind of person A-Rod is if it were to come to that. MAYBE he sees the writing on the wall.....but MAYBE he's a stubborn ******* who wants to keep playing. I really have no idea...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I'll give you one BIG reason he won't retire or take a settlement. $120 million dollars.
    I would be shocked if he ever played for the Yankees again.

I would be shocked if he ever played for the Yankees again.
    Yea i dont think hell be back. Last year I thought they wanted to keep him until he got to 700 hrs and advertise the **** out of it, but that wont happen now imo