+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #139981
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,751
    xbox 720 specs
    AMD eight-core x64 1.6 GHz CPU, 8GB of DDR3 RAM

    Doesnt seem THAT crazy.....

  2. #139982
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,328
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    It makes me sad we have to go into another season with that horrible scheme.
    Why don't you explain specifically, what your problems are with our defensive scheme.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #139983
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,576
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    xbox 720 specs
    AMD eight-core x64 1.6 GHz CPU, 8GB of DDR3 RAM

    Doesnt seem THAT crazy.....
    Its not that crazy. PS3 processing specs are far superior. The US government actually uses the PS3 chipsets for military use. lol (at least they were at one point, i cant confirm that they still are)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #139984
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why don't you explain specifically, what your problems are with our defensive scheme.
    he always *****es about press coverage.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #139985
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why don't you explain specifically, what your problems are with our defensive scheme.
    I have numerous times but if you like I will again.

    Never sends more than 4, except for the last game of the season
    Corners are always 8-10 yards of their receiver.
    leaving the middle completely open constantly
    Rbs coming out of the flats kill us constantly
    Slants kill us constantly
    Opposing teams make Big plays. We were worst in the league against big plays. Behind the dreaded Raiders.
    3rd year here, players still dont know where theyre suppose to be ( alot of blame should go to players but when it keeps happening......do something!)
    we never jam receivers at the line
    They cant stop the run
    they cant stop the pass


    Perry lets the offense dictate what hes going to do. If i get into a fight or play any competitive sport with you, Im not thinking about what youre going to do, Im thinking about what IM going to do. Once you start thinking about the other guys actions/motives, ya ****ed cause youre second guessing yourself.


    Besides the superbowl run, explain why you think this defense is a good fit for this team

  6. #139986
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,328
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    he always *****es about press coverage.
    Press coverage is fine if:
    1. You have a great pass rush
    2. You're not going up against a mobile or running QB.

    Guess which way the league is moving?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #139987
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,751
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Its not that crazy. PS3 processing specs are far superior. The US government actually uses the PS3 chipsets for military use. lol (at least they were at one point, i cant confirm that they still are)
    So youre saying the ps3 is superior to the 720?? hmm
    anyway this means todays comps should be able to run next gen games without any problems correct? I know some of this **** but some of its confusing.

  8. #139988
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Press coverage is fine if:
    1. You have a great pass rush
    2. You're not going up against a mobile or running QB.

    Guess which way the league is moving?
    I dont see what the issue would be.

  9. #139989
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,328
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont see what the issue would be.
    Are you serious?

    Press corners have their backs to the LOS. (that's what happens when you play man). So they have no idea where the QB is. Often times QB's run right past them and they don't know it.
    Corners in zone are facing the QB and are in better position to make plays on mobile QB's.

    This is defense 101 Dez. I'm actually surprised you are asking. Did you watch the Packer/Niner playoff game where the Pack played man all day? The QB ran for more yards than any QB in NFL history.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #139990
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Are you serious?

    Press corners have their backs to the LOS. (that's what happens when you play man). So they have no idea where the QB is. Often times QB's run right past them and they don't know it.
    Corners in zone are facing the QB and are in better position to make plays on mobile QB's.

    This is defense 101 Dez. I'm actually surprised you are asking. Did you watch the Packer/Niner playoff game where the Pack played man all day? The QB ran for more yards than any QB in NFL history.
    I didnt ask anything. And our zone worked so well last year and the year before against Vick, and this year against RG3. I cant even remember the last time a Giant corner even touched the QB

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts