+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea, but instead of using the money on someone else, or signing a different CB.....we paid the guy 2 million to re-tear and ACL. It's not team-friendly to waste money on a guy whos shown he cant stay on the field.
    Didn't he start every game in both 2009 and 2010?

But my point was that we didn't sign him because we had to for some reason. We could have cut him with no cap penalty. We signed him because he's a good player and could be a huge bargain this season for us. He's a legit starting corner if healthy.The guy came back too quickly last season. The tear to his ACL in 2012 was partial.
    Is it a risk? Sure. But at $750M or so excluding incentives, its not much of one.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That speech was an absolute joke.
    He wants a "balanced" approach, and just got $700B in tax hikes with no spending cuts. If I get started on our horrific president I'll never stop.
    The country has gone mad.
    I couldnt stomach it after 10 mins. The man is in love with himself. Seemed more like an anti gun rally than the sotu.

So he wants to raise taxes during a ressesion and take our guns away. Where have we seen this before?.....hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I couldnt stomach it after 10 mins. The man is in love with himself. Seemed more like an anti gun rally than the sotu.

So he wants to raise taxes during a ressesion and take our guns away. Where have we seen this before?.....hmmmm
    I personally don't give a **** about guns.
    Its his lack of understanding of how a free market economy works that drives me nuts.

Its his lack of understanding of how a free market economy works that drives me nuts.
    Well, that's because we live in a Corporate Oligarchy.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

you should care. Im a constitutionalist. It bothers me very much when todays politicians try and alter our constitution or try to interpret it a different way after 200 years. The founding fathers thought it so important its the only amendment that says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
    And taking these actions when our economy is going down the drain is even more reason to be alarmed.

All-Pro
    I don't even know anymore, I can't tell if he simply is ignorant and doesn't understand anything, or if he does understand everything and is purposefully trying to harm the middle class and poor.

All I do know is that during his speeches you can generally put money on the fact that anything he "says" is the opposite of what he will actually "do"

If he say's he wants to help the middle class it means he will to hurt them.
    If he say's he wants to make our schools safer he will make schools more dangerous.
    If he say's he wants to create jobs he will make sure unemployment rises and layoffs occur.

that has been the one constant throughout his entire term, everything he says he wants to fix he makes worse...that is his defining characteristic as president as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    you should care. Im a constitutionalist. It bothers me very much when todays politicians try and alter our constitution or try to interpret it a different way after 200 years. The founding fathers thought it so important its the only amendment that says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
    And taking these actions when our economy is going down the drain is even more reason to be alarmed.
    Politicians don't get to "interpret" the Constitution. Only the Court can.
    First of all, no one is taking away your guns Dez. There is no political will (even with many Dems) to even ban semi automatic weapons. The only thing that will probably happen is getting background checks. (which Republicans used to support)
    You are overreacting and your attitude is the reason we keep losing elections. Half the country actually think that all Republicans are ready to take arms against their government. Its all nuts.
    We need to stick to economic and fiscal issues because thats where we win with the electorate.

In other words.....Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Well, that's because we live in a Corporate Oligarchy.
    i dont believe that. 1% out of over 300 million arent causing our economic problems and their not going to fix it by taxing them either. Its the hampering and taxing of small business and people arent spending. Our GDP at the end of last year was 2%. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I don't even know anymore, I can't tell if he simply is ignorant and doesn't understand anything, or if he does understand everything and is purposefully trying to harm the middle class and poor.

All I do know is that during his speeches you can generally put money on the fact that anything he "says" is the opposite of what he will actually "do"

If he say's he wants to help the middle class it means he will to hurt them.
    If he say's he wants to make our schools safer he will make schools more dangerous.
    If he say's he wants to create jobs he will make sure unemployment rises and layoffs occur.

that has been the one constant throughout his entire term, everything he says he wants to fix he makes worse...that is his defining characteristic as president as far as I'm concerned.
    Because he looks at everything through the prism of political gain, not for the interest of the country. And it got him re-elected.
    The country is $6 trillion more in debt since he took over. Its been the weakest recovery in 70 years. Incomes since the end of the reccesion have dropped 5%, and HE STILL GOT RE-ELECTED.

As I said, the country is going mad. The voters will buy anything if you wrap it up in a pretty package. Obama is great at selling the sizzle. Unfortunately, the steak is rancid.

Politicians don't get to "interpret" the Constitution. Only the Court can.
    First of all, no one is taking away your guns Dez. There is no political will (even with many Dems) to even ban semi automatic weapons. The only thing that will probably happen is getting background checks. (which Republicans used to support)
    You are overreacting and your attitude is the reason we keep losing elections. Half the country actually think that all Republicans are ready to take arms against their government. Its all nuts.
    We need to stick to economic and fiscal issues because thats where we win with the electorate.

In other words.....Let it go.
    Theyre trying to vote on banning semi automatic weapons in the senate right now MH. That Finstein woman from Cali. What have you been watching, theres plenty of will from dems and especially the media. Open the paper, turn on the news. It seems like every shooting makes the news now. Diane Sauer has a anti gun segment every night now. Sure many dems dont want to touch it because they fear losing their seat, but I thinks thats going to change. The gun issue is not why repubs lost the election, you know that. They propped up a morman and the Christians didnt come out. sandy helped too. 3 million votes isnt alot to lose by. Im for tougher back round checks, but that dems want more than that. They want to end high capacity mags and they DO indeed want to get right of semiauto rifles.
    Im very center, but the government is growing at an alarming rate and if it continues its our right and duty to take up arms MH.

+ Reply to Thread