1. #140201
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,274
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    of COURSE they are part of the constitution


    how does that change the fact that they are able to be amended, changed or removed?
    No, amendments to the Constitution can only be modified by subsequent amendments. That "shall not be infringed" line would be tough to get around as well.

  2. #140202
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,274
    Anyone watch workaholics? Pretty funny

  3. #140203
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    of COURSE they are part of the constitution


    how does that change the fact that they are able to be amended, changed or removed?
    It doesn't change the fact that they are able to be amended BUT you make it sound as though it would be no big deal.

    The problem is removing the 2nd amendment is no different then removing the 1st in terms of importance or difficulty, so yeah you can remove guns, you can also remove free speech.

    the question is "SHOULD" we, not can we.

    If we should remove or change the 2nd amendment then should we look at the 1st? what about the 6th?

    you open up are terrible terrible discussion if you allow the government to start changing the Bill Of Rights, for what? to endanger everyday citizens by taking away their protection? there is NOTHING good that would come of this only bad.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 02-13-2013 at 04:45 PM.

  4. #140204
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,788
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    of COURSE they are part of the constitution


    how does that change the fact that they are able to be amended, changed or removed?
    Any aspect of the Constitution can be amended.

    The right to free speech is in the 1st AMENDMENT.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #140205
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,697
    Bipartisan(Mark Kirk, R- Illinois) exploding fistbump. your argument is irrelevant



    Oderint Dum Metuant

  6. #140206
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,788
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Bipartisan(Mark Kirk, R- Illinois) exploding fistbump. your argument is irrelevant



    Just so you know, Mark Kirk is recovering from a stroke and it was really all about that.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #140207
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Just so you know, Mark Kirk is recovering from a stroke and it was really all about that.
    dude you are SUUUUUUUUCH A ****ING DOWNER!!! Yes, I KNOW!! Thanks. I read.

    Here I am, trying to brighten up a thread that you *******s destroy with your stupid arguments, and you turn it so dark!!! Youre like 40 years older than your actual age. And yet, youve repeatedly call me the one with a bad attitude? look in a mirror pops
    Last edited by JPizzack; 02-13-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  8. #140208
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,788
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    dude you are SUUUUUUUUCH A ****ING DOWNER!!! Yes, I KNOW!! Thanks. I read.

    Here I am, trying to brighten up a thread that you *******s destroy with your stupid arguments, and you turn it so dark!!! Youre like 40 years older than your actual age. And yet, youve repeatedly call me the one with a bad attitude? look in a mirror pops
    I don't know how you get that from my statement of fact.
    It was personal and not political. He took time for him because he had a stroke. Isn't that better and more life affirming?

    And when I look in the mirror I see someone who is very handsome.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 02-13-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #140209
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,274
    One of those generals is a huge Giants fan. Hes given speeches to the team in huge games including the superbowl.

  10. #140210
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    dude you are SUUUUUUUUCH A ****ING DOWNER!!! Yes, I KNOW!! Thanks. I read.

    Here I am, trying to brighten up a thread that you *******s destroy with your stupid arguments, and you turn it so dark!!! Youre like 40 years older than your actual age. And yet, youve repeatedly call me the one with a bad attitude? look in a mirror pops
    how does repeating a false optic (Bipartisan Fistbump) "brighten up" the thread? I hate that the media is wholly on Obama's side and that anything that can remotely be misconstrued as him working together with the republicans is picked up on and played everywhere...even when it has nothing to do with politics at all, the worst part is that it masks his true intentions, which is to create the largest divide possible.

    so no, you repeating white house propaganda does not..."brighten" the thread up Pez.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 02-14-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts