Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    So...

If you're from Massachusetts, shouldn't you like the Pats instead of the Giants, since you like the Bad Sox instead of the Yankees/Mets?
    In the 60's, this was Giants country and Red Sox country.
    Anyway, I grew up on the CT shoreline and that was definitely Sox/Giants country.
    Almost all my local Giant fan friends are also Sox fans.
    Strangely, the few Yankee fan friends I have, happen to also be Dolphin fans.

And I go up and down on the Pats. I was definitely rooting for them to win the SB going into the AFC championship game this year. In 2007, I hated the Pats more than any team in my life, mostly because of the obnoxious, spoiled Pats fans who always trashed Eli to me. That ended pretty quickly.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Thanks man just had a new cap put on...so now i can throw my tools in a and now worries...no more brand new work truck for me ...too much money these days....F150's new are 24 to 28 thousand .....You can find five or six year old pickups in desent shape for 6 to 10, only must I have is AC...My wife will be looking for something soon,we'll probably go new there.....
    truck prices have gotten ridiculous. my brother bought an 04 Silverado about 5-6 years ago, ran great....wanted to upgrade but then saw what trucks were going for. holy ****! lol...

he stepped in **** last year though, new job with company called Camo Pollution Control....they do privatized water dept. municipality type work/sewage treatment etc.....they GAVE him a 2010 F250 utility truck. It's liked a $50,000 truck. ridiculous lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Thanks man just had a new cap put on...so now i can throw my tools in a and now worries...no more brand new work truck for me ...too much money these days....F150's new are 24 to 28 thousand .....You can find five or six year old pickups in desent shape for 6 to 10, only must I have is AC...My wife will be looking for something soon,we'll probably go new there.....
    Especially after we all trashed your truck at our tailgate party a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    In the 60's, this was Giants country and Red Sox country.
    Anyway, I grew up on the CT shoreline and that was definitely Sox/Giants country.
    Almost all my local Giant fan friends are also Sox fans.
    Strangely, the few Yankee fan friends I have, happen to also be Dolphin fans.

And I go up and down on the Pats. I was definitely rooting for them to win the SB going into the AFC championship game this year. In 2007, I hated the Pats more than any team in my life, mostly because of the obnoxious, spoiled Pats fans who always trashed Eli to me. That ended pretty quickly.
    I know it's came up in convo before...but i'm really not bothered by the patriots. i like watching them play. sure i've met a few obnoxious fans, but every team has those lol.
    People associate my Yankee fandom with anti-Pats.....boston i guess. But for me it's really only about baseball. The pats don't play in my division, let alone my conference. We've beat them in 2 superbowls in the past 5 years. Since I don't like the Jets, I really have no reason to hate the Pats.

That doesn't mean I like Boston at all thought =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I know it's came up in convo before...but i'm really not bothered by the patriots. i like watching them play. sure i've met a few obnoxious fans, but every team has those lol.
    People associate my Yankee fandom with anti-Pats.....boston i guess. But for me it's really only about baseball. The pats don't play in my division, let alone my conference. We've beat them in 2 superbowls in the past 5 years. Since I don't like the Jets, I really have no reason to hate the Pats.

That doesn't mean I like Boston at all thought =P
    During a playoff game (Pats/Colts) in Jan. 2005, I was with a bunch of Pats fans at a Hooters in Myrtle Beach. Now the Giants were 6-10 that year and I was actually rooting for the Pats in that game.
    Everytime the Pats scored or made a big play, they would point at me and yell in unison, ..."Giants Suck". That was my first experience with the new fangled, spoiled Pats fans.
    Before Brady they weren't like that at all. And in the past several seasons, they have calmed down. But when they were the big dog, those fans were horrible. Strangely, it was the old time PATS fans who called me to congratulate me for our win in SB 2007. It was the newer, bandwagon jumpers who had nothing to say to me.

During a playoff game (Pats/Colts) in Jan. 2005, I was with a bunch of Pats fans at a Hooters in Myrtle Beach. Now the Giants were 6-10 that year and I was actually rooting for the Pats in that game.
    Everytime the Pats scored or made a big play, they would point at me and yell in unison, ..."Giants Suck". That was my first experience with the new fangled, spoiled Pats fans.
    Before Brady they weren't like that at all. And in the past several seasons, they have calmed down. But when they were the big dog, those fans were horrible. Strangely, it was the old time PATS fans who called me to congratulate me for our win in SB 2007. It was the newer, bandwagon jumpers who had nothing to say to me.
    It's just so much easier to congratulate a team that isn't a rival team. I found it very hard to talk to my buddy about his 'Skins getting into the playoffs. I mean, i knew they wouldn't make any noise, but I was like..."yea, I mean...i guess you guys deserve it. you had a good season" (implying that it was over haha)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    It's just so much easier to congratulate a team that isn't a rival team. I found it very hard to talk to my buddy about his 'Skins getting into the playoffs. I mean, i knew they wouldn't make any noise, but I was like..."yea, I mean...i guess you guys deserve it. you had a good season" (implying that it was over haha)
    Among my circle, I am "The Giants fan". When someone introduces me to someone else, they always say, "OH...he's a Giants fan". No one who knows me doesn't know who my football team is. They may not be sure of my baseball team, basketball etc.... but they do know who my football team is.
    And as you know....I'm an old school guy. If the Pats had beaten the Giants in 2011, I would have called my old time Pat fan friends and congratulated them. Actually, there is a bond between Giants and Pats fans since 2007. Its hard to describe. But since we have met in 2 SB's, but AREN'T in the same division, its much more freindly than you might think.

But they do hate Eli.

All-Pro
    But they do hate Eli.
    well at least you guys have something in common then right?

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    well at least you guys have something in common then right?
    I may never buy an Eli jersey but I like the kid.

Stop it Scrappy!

I may never buy an Eli jersey but I like the kid.

Stop it Scrappy!
    my Eli jersey has become my favorite one....I gotta figure out how to put the red & gold C patch on it that I got.
    Oderint Dum Metuant