+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    gotta agree with you pizz.

As somebody who isn't afraid to admit that nu metal was my favorite genre and a major fan of early korn, korn really didn't deserve to be in that grouping.
    Nu Metal to me wasn't just the rap tracks on metal sound....it was just that mid to late 90s influx of a ton of bands playing loud music.

I was also into it in high school (to be fair, i like pretty much any kind of music), but I dont see how Korn even fits into the mold that this guy is suggesting.
    Last edited by JPizzack; 02-25-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

PS - speaking of nu metal misgroupings: Sevendust is playing Stone Pony on 4/20

<---- this guy wll be there
    I saw Sevendust in 2001 locally. Stereomud and Drowning Pool(original singer) opened for them. Sevendust was amazing live. But after their 2nd album, I kinda stopped liking the **** they put out.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Banned
    gotta agree with you pizz.

As somebody who isn't afraid to admit that nu metal was my favorite genre and a major fan of early korn, korn really didn't deserve to be in that grouping.
    I disagree, Korn most certainly deserves to be lumped with Limp Bizkit and others, after their first two albums it really shows

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I disagree, Korn most certainly deserves to be lumped with Limp Bizkit and others, after their first two albums it really shows
    The problem is youre referencing SPECIFIC rap songs to make your point. I bet you'll claim that their song with Nas also makes them a hip hop outfit. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Nu Metal to me wasn't just the rap tracks on metal sound....it was just that mid to late 90s influx of a ton of bands playing loud music.

I was also into it in high school (to be fair, i like pretty much any kind of music), but I dont see how Korn even fits into the mold that this guy is suggesting.
    Because Korn has more rap elements associated with their music than other bands who fall under the nu-metal tag like Sevendust for example.

Because Korn has more rap elements associated with their music than other bands who fall under the nu-metal tag like Sevendust for example.
    I'd say that the musicians in Korn had the ability to make their music sound more like "beats". Their bassist Fieldy's technique was basically slapping....(i'll credit Flea for inventing that, or at least making it popular), so I think that sound was just such a huge part of it. they just made music you could nod your head to, much like hip hop.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    The problem is youre referencing SPECIFIC rap songs to make your point. I bet you'll claim that their song with Nas also makes them a hip hop outfit. lol
    I never said they were a "hip-hop outfit" I said that they mix hip-hop elements into their music which they absolutely do. My point is that they are more of a hybrid than a "pure" metal band.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The only thing I remember about Tool was the video with all the body parts going through pipes.
    Anyway....that song was pretty good.
    EVERY song is good

I hope so but I heard it was only "halfway done" back in december so who knows
    danny carey said he recorded the drums by himself already. what a freak. Said Maynard was being lazy, but I think that was a joke. But said it should be ready around the end of the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    EVERY song is good
    ya know....I never really got into Tool. I mean its not like I didnt like them....they just had a pretty big catalogue, and I didnt really know much outside the popular ones.

I love the song Aenema though! its awesome. I also liked Stinkfist, and Parabola.

However, I prefered Maynard James Keenan in "The Hollow" by A Perfect Circle. One of my favorite songs of all time. I recommend checking it out if youre not familiar.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread