Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    going pop doesnt mean anything....making bad albums is what you mean =P
    Today's pop blows..in case you weren't aware. And Green Day isn't pop, they are punk.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Today's pop blows..in case you weren't aware. And Green Day isn't pop, they are punk.
    Why do you think 70's and 80's bands will always get gigs. The music today in general sucks.
    There are exceptions, but they are rare.
    Get well soon 80.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    you've only named a couple of tracks off of on album...

i'd hardly say that really shows. They've had like what 7-8 records now?
    I'm talking about the time that they did follow the leader when they were at their height of popularity. I haven't listened to them in at least 5 years so I have no idea what they're doing now, I thought we were talking about the Korn of the late 90s early 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why do you think 70's and 80's bands will always get gigs. The music today in general sucks.There are exceptions, but they are rare.
    Yup.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I would like to NOT have this conversation because of Morehead's definition of Punk....lol

The name of the genre is now called pop-punk, or powerpop. When I was a kid...Blink182, Green day, New Found Glory....all these bands were called punk bands. it referred to a style/speed of music. Now it's just whatever.

Personally, I dont care. I think its all punk, and I like it....

I also like Post-Hardcore....ppl used to call that screamo. Bands like: The Used, Senses Fail, A Day to Remember.....love that ****!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I would like to NOT have this conversation because of Morehead's definition of Punk....lol

The name of the genre is now called pop-punk, or powerpop. When I was a kid...Blink182, Green day, New Found Glory....all these bands were called punk bands. it referred to a style/speed of music. Now it's just whatever.

Personally, I dont care. I think its all punk, and I like it....

I also like Post-Hardcore....ppl used to call that screamo. Bands like: The Used, Senses Fail, A Day to Remember.....love that ****!!
    Punk (for the record) is bands like The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Television, The Pretenders (old version), The Ramones etc.....
    Do you disagree?
    Get well soon 80.

all punk is trash

Banned
    Punk (for the record) is bands like The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Television, The Pretenders (old version), The Ramones etc.....
    Do you disagree?
    No but so are MXPX, anti-flag, NOFX and that whole crop that came around 10 years later

Do you disagree?
    no I definitely agree that this is where it originated. Things change though.....that exact type of music doesnt exist anymore, so the definition has changed. they spawned a style of music. From punk originated hardcore, like Black Flag, and Bad brains. it was still punk though....and eventually it just became more pop in the 90s. different SOUND, same style of play, and DEFINITELY cleaner sound lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant