Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    You music elitists are worse than movie/film elitists.
    don't listen to MH, he's an elitist about everything he discusses lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Green Day was dead when they kept on using essentially identical chord progressions in their songs. They had a sound and just kept on recycling it. They didn't use it masterfully like the Beatles did and keep it fresh and different, whilst still keeping the unique signature sound that made them such a good group.

Don't get me started on how badly Nickleback does this lol. they don't even try and hide how all their songs sound the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA

I use them in my head in order to have these conversations, actually....lol

I call it all punk =P

It's funny that you called me controlled and manipulated by record labels lol......I havent *purchased* any music in almost 10 years.
    I was just being a "Morehead" with that comment.

You haven't bought anything for your ipod?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Green Day was dead when they kept on using essentially identical chord progressions in their songs. They had a sound and just kept on recycling it. They didn't use it masterfully like the Beatles did and keep it fresh and different, whilst still keeping the unique signature sound that made them such a good group.

Don't get me started on how badly Nickleback does this lol. they don't even try and hide how all their songs sound the same.
    And what progression is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    By your definition, I'm probably one of those as well.

BTW...How do you define "music elitist"?
    One who goes over the top when discussing music. Everything needs to be analyzed, almost everything. Even if the music is bad but entertaining, you'll (rhetorical) still have a problem with it.

I was just being a "Morehead" with that comment.

You haven't bought anything for your ipod?
    nah man....I've been pirating music since like 1999. And much like the punk rock music we've discussed today, I've adapted to the changing environment to continue the practice....FOR LIFE!!!! lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Youtube for music all the time. I really hate buying music. Nothing justifies buying music unless I love the artist. They deserve my money then.

In the end, I rather just listen to spotify for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    One who goes over the top when discussing music. Everything needs to be analyzed, almost everything. Even if the music is bad but entertaining, you'll (rhetorical) still have a problem with it.
    This whole argument came when someone here claimed that Social D was punk. I say they aren't.
    I'm not a big punk fan but I don't hate it either. And I also understand that all music is subjective. One poster just said that Green day uses the same chord progressions...Well welcome to the world. Must songs are made of 3 chords. Including some of the greatest songs of all time. Like "All Along The Watchtower" and "Blue Moon" and about a million other songs. In any "genre".
    So I'm not over analyzing. I'm criticizing those who do.

And there is no such thing as Bad music. there is music you like and music you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    nah man....I've been pirating music since like 1999. And much like the punk rock music we've discussed today, I've adapted to the changing environment to continue the practice....FOR LIFE!!!! lol
    what programs do you use because i dont want to pay itunes anymore.

This whole argument came when someone here claimed that Social D was punk. I say they aren't.
    I'm not a big punk fan but I don't hate it either. And I also understand that all music is subjective. One poster just said that Green day uses the same chord progressions...Well welcome to the world. Must songs are made of 3 chords. Including some of the greatest songs of all time. Like "All Along The Watchtower" and "Blue Moon" and about a million other songs. In any "genre".
    So I'm not over analyzing. I'm criticizing those who do.
    I really didn't mean YOU when talking about elitist. You are a musician right? Or you're in a band? So you obviously know more **** than anyone else about music.

I just hate the elitists that crack down on others for enjoying a specific genre of music.

I hate metal, but I don't go around stereotyping the fans by saying "LOL, go slit your wrists because you like metal dude"

I've seen it happen. I used to like Godsmack when I was in 8th grade and people made fun of me for wanting to kill my mom.

What? Where did they get this notion?