+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

I think I'm pretty addicted to coffee. I have at least 2 cups of coffee a day, which isn't necessarily bad for my health. I use skim milk and the good sugar.

Plenty of times when I don't have coffee, I get huge migraines. I drink coffee and it feels better. So weird how the bain works.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I think I'm pretty addicted to coffee. I have at least 2 cups of coffee a day, which isn't necessarily bad for my health. I use skim milk and the good sugar.

Plenty of times when I don't have coffee, I get huge migraines. I drink coffee and it feels better. So weird how the bain works.
    I've had bad caffiene withdraw before. I consume a ton of it. XL Dunkin Donuts coffee in the AM, maybe 2....and then 1 or 2 cans of monster in the afternoon. Yea, it's bad....

One time I took a trip with my family for a wedding, and I just didnt have coffee or anything...and I got the most intense headaches for 2 days. And had the shakes pretty bad too.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I've had bad caffiene withdraw before. I consume a ton of it. XL Dunkin Donuts coffee in the AM, maybe 2....and then 1 or 2 cans of monster in the afternoon. Yea, it's bad....

One time I took a trip with my family for a wedding, and I just didn't have coffee or anything...and I got the most intense headaches for 2 days. And had the shakes pretty bad too.

Do you feel like your heart is racing at random times when you haven't consumed caffeine? I've been getting weird, sharp pains nears my heart lately. Today, I haven't gotten any though.

Thought it was because I was eating a lot of eggs recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Do you feel like your heart is racing at random times when you haven't consumed caffeine? I've been getting weird, sharp pains nears my heart lately. Today, I haven't gotten any though.

Thought it was because I was eating a lot of eggs recently.
    nah usually Im fine. ocassionally i might get strange sensations when im crashing, coming off the caffiene buzz....or i'll fall asleep after work, and wake up feeling god awful.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Not when you do almost every day sice you were 15. Then again maybe youre right, maybe Im just addicted to not being sober.
    That's more like a habit then an addiction, kind of like guys who "need" to hit the gym everyday it's kind of like an addiction but only because it's something you got used to doing, if taken away from you, a year or a few years down the road you wouldn't give it a second thought

Cigarettes for example you can quit for years and most people I know that have still REALLY crave it at times still, also there are the physical and mental side effects to quitting the irritability etc etc.

I smoked weed pretty regularly for 5-6 year back in the day (among other things) nothing is remotely close to cigarettes in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Punk (for the record) is bands like The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Television, The Pretenders (old version), The Ramones etc.....
    Do you disagree?
    i agree

nah usually Im fine. ocassionally i might get strange sensations when im crashing, coming off the caffiene buzz....or i'll fall asleep after work, and wake up feeling god awful.
    I feel you. I love coffee man. How do you like your coffee? Creamers? Flavored?

no I definitely agree that this is where it originated. Things change though.....that exact type of music doesnt exist anymore, so the definition has changed. they spawned a style of music. From punk originated hardcore, like Black Flag, and Bad brains. it was still punk though....and eventually it just became more pop in the 90s. different SOUND, same style of play, and DEFINITELY cleaner sound lol
    for example of things changin:

Jethro Tull won the first heavy metal award

:|

Not really.
    But REAL punk came from NYC in the mid-late seventies and then migrated to London.
    There are particular characteristics that make punk......punk.
    1. Its anti-social lyrics
    2. Its very fast pace in playing style
    3. The general angry attitude.

I know a lot of bands like to call themselves "punk" because it sounds cool to say that about themselves. And there are little Pizzlesticks running around who want to believe it. But usually those bands are full of ****.

Social Distortion (who I like a lot) ISN'T punk. They just claimed to be.
    its weird when i agree with you

I get that. The "ear" is the final arbiter.
    To me, all metal sounds too similar. Not enough elbow room in order to continue calling it metal. They pigeon hole themselves to appeal to 13 year old boys. (and Pizzy)
    im pretty sure u can say that about every single genre of music.... sounding similiar

+ Reply to Thread