Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I don't really think I took full responsibility in college though because my grades aren't that great. I had to go through mad hardships with my parents during my college years. My parents were always fighting and my mom demanded I do a lot around the house. But I do know more about my parents. They always ask me for help and things they don't know how to do. It also comes with generations really. They weren't into the tech world, and we younger people were grown up into it.But thank you, JPizz
    You don't want her to go through the things you had to go through. I'm glad you care so much about her decision making/future. Just be patient, she's going to fuss and all that, but she is your sister. As for your parents..that's a tough situation to be in. Sorry man.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Sure it does. Theres an all boys school Chaminade right around the block from me. They have the highest or one of the highest of students getting into amazing colleges and becoming successful after they graduate. The individual has to want it.
    I agree with Moke completely on this.

Honestly I don't think any type of school can teach discipline anyhow, I think discipline and work ethic are two things that can only come from parenting.

i like the swag thread. maybe cause I have so much of it....who knows.
    false

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    jsut because a place is disciplined, doesnt mean the occupants are disciplined....

catholic school is sheltered bull****. its how you teach ppl to be socially awkward. your exposure to real world **** is nonexistent.

im trying not to sound biased as an athiest, but clearly that comes into play here. I can't help it lol. at least i can admit that though. =P
    Well, youre wrong man. A kid that goes to catholic school has a better shot at getting into a good college and being successful than someone going to public school. How exactly is it sheltered? They still go home at the end of the day, its not boarding school. its got nothing to do with religion, i dont like the church either.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post

Honestly I don't think any type of school can teach discipline anyhow, I think discipline and work ethic are two things that can only come from parenting.
    corrrrrrect. if you dont respect youre parents, and they cant turn you into a disciplined child, why the **** is a kid going to care about a bunch of teachers???
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post

I think it is innate, but I agree with you and Moke, a dress code and theology classes isn't going to drive anyone to succeed. Chaminade is an elitist private school, and you can get an equivalent education in some public schools(especially around the RVC district where a lot of these kids come from).

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You don't want her to go through the things you had to go through.
    The problem is that in most cases that's what they have to do, they need to learn things the hard way otherwise they don't become a complete person, being a parent is going to SUCK.

you KNOW what the kid/sibling is doing wrong, you know how to solve the problem, but telling them doesn't help because they aren't going to listen and then you have to watch them do the same stupid things you did and deal with many of the same stupid consequences you did.

I suppose the best thing you can do is warn them over and over, prove to them that you are right on all the small things so when the big things come along they know to trust your judgment.

looking back on my teenage years my mother and father were right soooo many times and I just ignored them, I was a big idiot.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 02-27-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    false
    whatupp brrrrr

Well, youre wrong man. A kid that goes to catholic school has a better shot at getting into a good college and being successful than someone going to public school. How exactly is it sheltered? They still go home at the end of the day, its not boarding school. its got nothing to do with religion, i dont like the church either.
    youre just mad cuz i questioned your schooling! =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Catholic school might be more disciplined, but it doesn't teach you discipline at all.
    i went to catholic school, we got away with murder. Def not more disciplined...

its a case by case situation