+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Haha, I'd never go to a Giants game for those prices. I'd wait. I actually was offered to go to the Rangers game for $80. Sorry, not spending money on that stuff. I rather use it towards a nice TV to watch the games at home.

Which is what I actually this weekend that passed, bought myself a gorgeous TV for my new bedroom.
    some fan....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    some fan....
    That's just stupid. Why can't I be a fan by sitting down and watching the games in front of my screen with friends? I don't have the money to go spending on the games. $200 isn't in my budget and I'm just a student.

But I'm assuming you were kidding.

When I used to live in Illinois, we would travel to NYC every summer. One summer we went and the GWB was 10 bucks to cross, and we were like um WTF. So we thought the Verrazano would be better...WRONG AGAIN! The sole reason we rarely take trips up to NYC anymore is because of the incredibly high tolls we have to pay, let alone gas.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

You pretty much need to carpool and just split the tolls and stuff.

Really find it ridiculous that the toll for the Verra is $15. Not worth it at all. People go for the mall too which is crazy because you can go to the one in Brooklyn or just take the longer ride to Long Island and no tolls.

You pretty much need to carpool and just split the tolls and stuff. Really find it ridiculous that the toll for the Verra is $15. Not worth it at all. People go for the mall too which is crazy because you can go to the one in Brooklyn or just take the longer ride to Long Island and no tolls.
    That's so insane. And what makes it worse is that we have family all over the freaking city. So we would be paying toll after toll after toll.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's so insane. And what makes it worse is that we have family all over the freaking city. So we would be paying toll after toll after toll.
    Yeah exactly. I feel bad for the people living in Long Island because their trip to the city just got a lot more expensive.

Yeah exactly. I feel bad for the people living in Long Island because their trip to the city just got a lot more expensive.
    Feel bad for me then LOL. We usually go to Long Island and then Queens (omfg) and then downtown to shop.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Feel bad for me then LOL. We usually go to Long Island and then Queens (omfg) and then downtown to shop.
    I believe there really isn't a toll from Long Island to Queens though since they are really close. There is no bridge there.

Unless you are taking the train from long Island to downtown, that's where it will be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    some fan....
    Can you blame him? Tickets are 150 for decent seats, gas, 10 dollar beers, 20 dollar parking, tolls. Its complete bull****.

you know, maybe it takes a season like the Jets had to show owners whats up. They couldnt give tickets away last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Can you blame him? Tickets are 150 for decent seats, gas, 10 dollar beers, 20 dollar parking, tolls. Its complete bull****.

you know, maybe it takes a season like the Jets had to show owners whats up. They couldnt give tickets away last year.
    Lol, and I'm a student. I work part-time to cover my other expenses and help out around the house.

Sure, I can scrape money out for one game, but that burns a hole in my wallet for sure.

+ Reply to Thread