1. #141411
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    She said people use snowmobiles on the main roads to go places. How kick *** is that?

  2. #141412
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    She said people use snowmobiles on the main roads to go places. How kick *** is that?
    lol not that great in -10 degree weather but I like that kind of ****
    You see that show on discovery, Yukon men or something. It about families living off the land. Id love that but I need cable and internet access at the end of the day after Im done hunting for caribou and catching king salmon.

  3. #141413
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,500
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    lol not that great in -10 degree weather but I like that kind of ****
    You see that show on discovery, Yukon men or something. It about families living off the land. Id love that but I need cable and internet access at the end of the day after Im done hunting for caribou and catching king salmon.
    as a former snowmobiler, I can tell you that regardless of how cold it is outside, the sled generates so much heat, that you sweat ALOT, and sometimes just flip your face shield up to let some cool air in.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #141414
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    lol not that great in -10 degree weather but I like that kind of ****
    You see that show on discovery, Yukon men or something. It about families living off the land. Id love that but I need cable and internet access at the end of the day after Im done hunting for caribou and catching king salmon.
    It aint always -10 in Anchorage.

  5. #141415
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    It aint always -10 in Anchorage.
    Going on vaca starting friday. No Morehead for you lumps for 9 days.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #141416
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Going on vaca starting friday. No Morehead for you lumps for 9 days.
    Don't threaten me with a good time....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #141417
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,130
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Don't threaten me with a good time....
    Your life will be empty when I'm gone. I will be thinking of you though in your despair.
    All because I'm a loving man.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #141418
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    12,202
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I know its hard to put numbers on ppl....but there is No WR in the league worth more than 3m a year. I dont care who it is. Megatron, Julio, Larry....nobody. Your job is to be physical and run in lines. and CATCH a ******* ball. 20%+ of the time, you drop the ball, anyway so why are we going to pay you QB money?
    None of these players are worth half of the money they get paid. People in the real world do jobs that are way tougher, have longer hours, risk much more for less, and get paid .001% of some of these guys salaries.... Its disgusting, but its stupid pro sports
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

  9. #141419
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    None of these players are worth half of the money they get paid. People in the real world do jobs that are way tougher, have longer hours, risk much more for less, and get paid .001% of some of these guys salaries.... Its disgusting, but its stupid pro sports
    Its the marketplace Kase. This isn't the Soviet Union. These guys make this kind of money because in the context of the NFL, they create that much revenue and more for their employers.
    Its the same reason a bank CEO makes unGodly amounts of money. When a CEO makes an extra $500MM for the bank, they are worth the money they make.
    Its just Economics 101. You are going to have to deal with it. I will help you in this when I can.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #141420
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    12,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its the marketplace Kase. This isn't the Soviet Union. These guys make this kind of money because in the context of the NFL, they create that much revenue and more for their employers.
    Its the same reason a bank CEO makes unGodly amounts of money. When a CEO makes an extra $500MM for the bank, they are worth the money they make.
    Its just Economics 101. You are going to have to deal with it. I will help you in this when I can.
    I know WHY they make the exorbanant amounts of money, I just don't agree with the amount that they make. There needs to be positional salary caps, cause eventually the NFL will turn in the the MLB.
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts