+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Look at any big play against us last year and chances are you'll see rolle free lancing out of position.
    Well I don't have access to game film. I just go by what I remember from the games last year.
    Of course in KP's situation, there isn't much since he only played 7 games. Really he only played 4 near 100%.
    Maybe that's another reason we haven't offered KP what he wants. Because I'm sure he wants to stay.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Its impossible to have a great passrush all the time. That's a pipedream. You NEED good players in the second level. Its not about our safetys being able to hit people. you need players that are good in space. KP is one of those guys. everyone says this is a passing league. its true, so you need players that can play the pass. like I said, the rush cannot always get there. You still need a complete defense.
    KP has good instincts but so did Brown. I agree that you can't rely on the pass rush all the time, but the top priority has to be the pass rush. I'm just saying that the priorities of our FO should be to favor those components of the defense that create pressure on the QB.
    Because I don't care who you have back there. It could be Darrell Green and Ronnie Lott. If you don't pressure the QB, your secondary is getting torched. There is only one shut down corner in the NFL and he's coming off an ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Look at any big play against us last year and chances are you'll see rolle free lancing out of position.
    Yuuup

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    it absolutely will.

we already have no depth, our corners NEED safety help, and KP is the only one proven to be effective at it. Rolle is garbage, brown could very well be hugely overrated.
    First year in our defense, starting only half the year practically, and he performed extremely well. Stevie had hardly any snaps on other teams and he comes here and becomes a ballhawk right off the bat. Like in his first snap replacing Rolle he gets a pick iirc. He reads the QB extremely well and can play in space.

Something Rolle cannot. Dudes constantly playing in a no mans land.

First year in our defense, starting only half the year practically, and he performed extremely well. Stevie had hardly any snaps on other teams and he comes here and becomes a ballhawk right off the bat. Like in his first snap replacing Rolle he gets a pick iirc. He reads the QB extremely well and can play in space.

Something Rolle cannot. Dudes constantly playing in a no mans land.
    I'm not saying he's bad....not by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just saying I'm not going to christen him the best safety around or anything after 1 season.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I'm not saying he's bad....not by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just saying I'm not going to christen him the best safety around or anything after 1 season.
    I think Stevie was out of position a lot as well. But he has an eye for the ball and that goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    KP has good instincts but so did Brown. I agree that you can't rely on the pass rush all the time, but the top priority has to be the pass rush. I'm just saying that the priorities of our FO should be to favor those components of the defense that create pressure on the QB.
    Because I don't care who you have back there. It could be Darrell Green and Ronnie Lott. If you don't pressure the QB, your secondary is getting torched. There is only one shut down corner in the NFL and he's coming off an ACL.
    Passrush is always the priority, and its something that the Giants have committed to, yielding 2 SB's in 4-5 years.

Nonetheless, you still need players on the other half of the field. Passrush first, but that does not cancel out a great secondary. That is more important now than ever before. For how many high picks that Reese has spent on passrushers, he selects DB's as well.

I know, not saying you were. He's not even the best safety on this team, but he gives us a new dimension that no one else on the defense has either.

Passrush is always the priority, and its something that the Giants have committed to, yielding 2 SB's in 4-5 years.

Nonetheless, you still need players on the other half of the field. Passrush first, but that does not cancel out a great secondary. That is more important now than ever before. For how many high picks that Reese has spent on passrushers, he selects DB's as well.
    Honestly...We won those 2 SB's without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think Stevie was out of position a lot as well. But he has an eye for the ball and that goes a long way.
    Only a few times, yes he was. To give some comparison, Antrel was out of position every game! A lot of Webster's blown coverages were the result of Roll being out of position more so than anyone else in the secondary.

+ Reply to Thread