Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's a rumor.
    It fits the bill. Like I've already told you before, I have a bad feeling we will drastically overpay for him. That just augments my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    It fits the bill. Like I've already told you before, I have a bad feeling we will drastically overpay for him. That just augments my concerns.
    We would have by now...

Mara already came out and said Cruz is asking for too much. So obviously we aren't going to drastically overpay him. Nobody but Reese/Mara know exactly what Cruz asked for. We can go by what other receivers got, but that's about it.

We would have by now...

Mara already came out and said Cruz is asking for too much. So obviously we aren't going to drastically overpay him.
    You know none us this for sure either. We'll all know soon enough.

You know none us this for sure either. We'll all know soon enough.
    Why would we overpay for him when we already declined an overpaid offer of his?

Why would we overpay for him when we already declined an overpaid offer of his?
    It could have been grossly high for all we know. Maybe his agent got way to big for his britches. Doesn't mean he still couldn't be overpaid.

It could have been grossly high for all we know. Maybe his agent got way to big for his britches. Doesn't mean he still couldn't be overpaid.
    It depends on what you think is "overpaid". What you think is being overpaid may be different than how the Giants view it.

It depends on what you think is "overpaid". What you think is being overpaid may be different than how the Giants view it.
    well obviously. They paid Rolle this ridiculous amount, doesn't mean he was worth it. The market dictates that these guys get these exorbitant amount of money. but like I said, it doesn't mean its what they are worth as players. I like Cruz and I hope he is kept, but im worried that they will give him too much as a result. End of story.

well obviously. They paid Rolle this ridiculous amount, doesn't mean he was worth it. The market dictates that these guys get these exorbitant amount of money. but like I said, it doesn't mean its what they are worth as players. I like Cruz and I hope he is kept, but im worried that they will give him too much as a result. End of story.
    Again, it depends on what you think "overpaid" is. 5-7? 7-10?

Banned
    Hixon is a good reciever, but he's like the anti-epitome of an explosive receiver that Nicks and Cruz are. He's shows little glimses here and there, but he's not the guy you want primarily on your team at wide out.
    Well of course, I'm just saying that our passing game won't be crippled if Cruz is gone which seems to be the sentiment of many on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Well of course, I'm just saying that our passing game won't be crippled if Cruz is gone which seems to be the sentiment of many on the boards.
    I agree some (cough NYG4lyfeNYK) are overreacting. I'm as big a Cruz fan as you can get..but you have to be realistic at the same time.

Guys want to get paid, I get that. I'll definitely be upset...can't lie and say I won't lol but I'll move on.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 03-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.