Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    They are a lot of variables. total amount/number of years, etc.. but basically it should be no where near what the going market is now for big name WRs, which he could get.
    he won't get it this year because we ain't paying it and nobody is going to pay the Mike Wallace type contract to Cruz AND give up a first rounder for him

I told you. Anything near the going market rate. Why is this hard to grasp? It doesn't have to be this magic exact number that you want so badly. We do not know if that's what they asked for, but we also don't know if they didn't try asking for it either.
    just benchmark it at 10 mil a year

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why would we overpay for him when we already declined an overpaid offer of his?
    well that doesn't mean that something less than his offer isn't still underpaid

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Well of course, I'm just saying that our passing game won't be crippled if Cruz is gone which seems to be the sentiment of many on the boards.
    Def wouldn't be crippled, but it would be hard

well obviously. They paid Rolle this ridiculous amount, doesn't mean he was worth it. The market dictates that these guys get these exorbitant amount of money. but like I said, it doesn't mean its what they are worth as players. I like Cruz and I hope he is kept, but im worried that they will give him too much as a result. End of story.
    that Rolle contract is so heavily over exaggerated by Giants fans

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    so your saying like 25 mil guaranteed, which would probably be like a 5 years for 50, 25 guaranteed?
    hmm yea, High teens in guaranteed. I dont think its too outrageous when you look at what we threw at canty and Rolle. Cruz actually produces. yea I think hes worth around that, but we dont have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    that Rolle contract is so heavily over exaggerated by Giants fans
    hes due 7 mil this year matt. Caaame on its a terrible contract.

That 50 mil deal he was rumored to get. He aint worth that much to us. but we've given out ridiculously huge contracts to players before like: Rolle, Diehl, Canty, Boley, Webster etc... We better not do that here.
    Diehl and Webster were huge parts of two superbowl runs.

Webster DEF earned it and then came back and took a cut the year he fell off.

Diehl had a VERY realistic contract. It all depended on where he played most of the season

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    hes due 7 mil this year matt. Caaame on its a terrible contract.
    its the last year of his deal lol.He may restructure, but it really wasn't terrible. Huge part of a superbowl win and was forced to play out of position for too much of his time here

Browns are 47 mil under cap. lol