Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Ever have a turkish or greek gyro or how ever you spell it? Reeeally good.
    Gyros are best when they're lamb. There's some good beef gyros out there, but lamb is where it's at. And the tzaztiki sauce needs to be made from a yogurt base, with fresh dill and cucumbers, not sour cream and pickle relish.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Gyros are best when they're lamb. There's some good beef gyros out there, but lamb is where it's at. And the tzaztiki sauce needs to be made from a yogurt base, with fresh dill and cucumbers, not sour cream and pickle relish.
    This is a perfect example of why we are all different. What you describe here literally makes me want to puke.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Can someone explain to me why certain plays are comsidered "non reviewable"? Random, I know..but I've always wondered what makes a play reviewable and what makes a play non reviewable.
    MS has the right of it when he says, "the rules." The Competition Committee arbitrarily decides what types of plays can and cannot be reviewed. For instance, just a few years ago plays that were called dead on the field were not reviewable for fumbles, then they decided to change it so that they could be reviewed, though the defense would be awarded the ball where it was recovered negating any return that may have happened. Point in case, your Jennings example I believe was called as an incomplete pass (dead ball), but was reviewable, and in the NFCCG after Williams' first fumble we were awarded the ball at the spot of the recovery as opposed to being awarded the TD that resulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This is a perfect example of why we are all different. What you describe here literally makes me want to puke.
    Not a fan of lamb? I mean, authentic Greek gyros are lamb. 99.99999% of the time the authentic recipes are best.

Damn. I want a gyro now, but there's no way I'm walking a mile to get one, lol.

MS has the right of it when he says, "the rules." The Competition Committee arbitrarily decides what types of plays can and cannot be reviewed. For instance, just a few years ago plays that were called dead on the field were not reviewable for fumbles, then they decided to change it so that they could be reviewed, though the defense would be awarded the ball where it was recovered negating any return that may have happened. Point in case, your Jennings example I believe was called as an incomplete pass (dead ball), but was reviewable, and in the NFCCG after Williams' first fumble we were awarded the ball at the spot of the recovery as opposed to being awarded the TD that resulted.
    Yeah but that lamb thing you described is still disgusting!

Not a fan of lamb? I mean, authentic Greek gyros are lamb. 99.99999% of the time the authentic recipes are best.
    I basically hate every ingredient you listed.
    Especially lamb which is horrific. Poor little babies.

I basically hate every ingredient you listed.
    Especially lamb which is horrific. Poor little babies.
    You're missing out, then.

I have to say that even though I don't like working in restaurants, I do love the fact that it has expanded my palate. There are things that I absolutely love now that I hated years ago (for example one of the ingredients for a gyro, feta cheese. I used to hate feta, but have grown to love it by repeated tasting). I think the ability to repeatedly try things without risk (i.e. spending money on it) helps out a lot. I mean, it's a lot easier for someone who works with food to try things many times, as opposed to someone who doesn't that might have to pay $18+ a plate for something that s/he may not like (or risk buying it on their own and not preparing it properly).

You're missing out, then.

I have to say that even though I don't like working in restaurants, I do love the fact that it has expanded my palate. There are things that I absolutely love now that I hated years ago (for example one of the ingredients for a gyro, feta cheese. I used to hate feta, but have grown to love it by repeated tasting). I think the ability to repeatedly try things without risk (i.e. spending money on it) helps out a lot. I mean, it's a lot easier for someone who works with food to try things many times, as opposed to someone who doesn't that might have to pay $18+ a plate for something that s/he may not like (or risk buying it on their own and not preparing it properly).
    My "palate" is plenty expanded. I just don't like the crap you listed.

So if I can't stand the taste of what you describe, how is it that I'm missing out?

My "palate" is plenty expanded. I just don't like the crap you listed.

So if I can't stand the taste of what you describe, how is it that I'm missing out?
    Because it's tasty. If one doesn't like something, by definition one is missing out. Is it not more fun to like something than it is to not like something? And let's not cite some extreme thing like eating human flesh or excrement as a counter example. For every thing that one does not like, it takes away from a pleasure that one could otherwise enjoy. For example, I hate sundried tomatoes (save for this one brand of sundried tomato pesto). I see why people like them, I just don't, and I lament the fact that I cannot enjoy them.