Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    And you know this how?
    Why would they still be talking if he didnt turn down the 2 generous offers offered to him? Sure nothings set in stone but we all know what 2+2 equals. Not sure about you but I can read between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Because Dezz knows.
    Because Dezz hates Cruz
    Because Dezz hates Jay-Z
    Because Dezz is always reliable (lmao, see what I did there?)
    The only thing we "know" is based on what Mr. Mara said about offering Cruz more than Welker. We have no idea what Cruz has asked for. We have no idea what the years, and guaranteed money was that Cruz was offered by the FO.
    All these "$11MM demands" and "$21MM guaranteed money offers" are speculation based on nothing.
    I really can't believe that Dez or anyone else would give them any credibility at all.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Youk much more so than Jeter, but yes, this is accurate.
    Youk crowds and Jeter lunges.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Why would they still be talking if he didnt turn down the 2 generous offers offered to him? Sure nothings set in stone but we all know what 2+2 equals. Not sure about you but I can read between the lines.
    How do you know what they offered? How do you know if they were generous?

Answer:...... You don't.

I'm not sure how anyone can believe anything being said with all of the conflicting reports.

MUCH better.

Youk crowds and Jeter lunges.
    Yes, I love watching Jeter do his little spin move when he dodges an inside pitch lol. It actually causes him to get hit in the back alot >.<
    Oderint Dum Metuant

The only thing we "know" is based on what Mr. Mara said about offering Cruz more than Welker. We have no idea what Cruz has asked for. We have no idea what the years, and guaranteed money was that Cruz was offered by the FO.
    All these "$11MM demands" and "$21MM guaranteed money offers" are speculation based on nothing.
    I really can't believe that Dez or anyone else would give them any credibility at all.
    This is essentially why I havent even involved myself in these conversations. Because it's mostly fabricated and rumors and such.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone can believe anything being said with all of the conflicting reports.
    Yet Dez seems to.

The only thing we know is that Cruz has a tender of $2.8+ MM. He will get NO offers from other teams. He will probably sign a long term deal with the team because he has few options as a RFA.
    The team holds all the cards. If there is no agreement, he will sign the tender and play this season.
    Its not complicated. He won't "hold out". that would be crazy. Giving up almost $3MM is nuts. Plus "hold outs" don't tend to get commercials either.

So many here are obsessing about this Cruz situation, but the reality is that there is very little drama here. Just on the MB. Its a typical situation with a RFA who has a tender offer. The season doesn't start for 5 months for God's sake.

I dont get whats conflicting. Multiple sources are saying hes seeking 10-11. Hes not signed yet, so obviously he turned down offers. And if those offers are around anything near these "rumors" are saying, then yes, they are generous offers. Where theres smoke theres fire.

All of you would make horrible detectives

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    what?? That's the point dezz....none of what youre saying is confirmed....so why do you believe it?
    Oderint Dum Metuant