+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Youre always one extreme or the other. Im going to laugh my *** off when some of this stuff turns out to be true.
    I'm not saying none of it is true. I'm saying you can't take anything being reported as fact.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Wrong that I believe some stuff leaked out ? perhaps but don't tell me that Cruz doesn't talk to people close to him.... wrong that one of the owners said he would get a better deal than welker and the offer would make him a very rich man.....but hey I don't mind being wrong in such matters.... One does have a right to form his own opinions based on what he has read....no? You have yours I have mine.. we can agree to disagree without ridicule...no.....I know that's not the way around here....End of the day I think some truth can be taken from what is being reported and I think that is what Dezz is saying. "If I am wrong Dezz sorry".... Not trying to cause trouble here honest your asking me not to believe anything..... I can't do that sorry
    Spot on B. You never have to apologize B. Stop it!

Spot on B. You never have to apologize B. Stop it!
    Well I am trying to cause trouble and I don't apologize for it.

HAHAHA!!!!!

BTW....Other than the SB, the Masters is the greatest sporting event known to man...despite Tiger's cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    BTW....Other than the SB, the Masters is the greatest sporting event known to man...despite Tiger's cheating.
    Im a bit confused by what happened and Im not really a golfer. What was it, 2 feet or 2 yards? Dont they put quarters down to mark the spot? Why not make the rule you have to put the ball exactly where it was? I herd there was something with the scoring card or something as well.

Im a bit confused by what happened and Im not really a golfer. What was it, 2 feet or 2 yards? Dont they put quarters down to mark the spot? Why not make the rule you have to put the ball exactly where it was? I herd there was something with the scoring card or something as well.
    Can someone actually explain why a scoring card is even needed? lol

The PGA is pretty heavily montired obviouisly. Whats with the BS formality of a score card? lol

Can you imagine if Eli Manning had to log his yardage after every pass? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Not in this case. He hit his third shot in the water. (BTW it was a horrible break, he hit the pin and it bounced back into the water). So he has 2 options. He can drop the ball back where he hit from (coming as close as possible to the spot he hit from, now hitting his 5th shot (3rd shot plus penalty for hitting into a water hazard) or he can take the spot where it enetered the hazard, and he can go back as far as he wants, keeping the point of entry between him and the pin. He chose option 1, but was confused and moved 2 yards back to give himself a better yardage. He then hit a nice shot and made 6. But not dropping as close as possible to the previous spot was a 2 stroke violation.

Now.....He signed his scorecard giving him a 6 on that hole, where he really made an 8. signing an incorrect scorecard is a DQ. There is a new rule from 2 years ago where the committee can review and has discretion. All because fans call in to point out a rule question. The committee realized that Tiger had violated the rule when they heard his interview saying that he played his 5th shot 2 yards back from the original shot. And that he did it intentionally.
    The new rulke SHOULD NOT protect him there since he intentionally dropped it further back.
    He should have DQ'd himself once he realized this after he signed his scorecard. If he had dropped it 2 yards behind thinking he was at the original spot, the new rule would protect him. But he admitted that he did it intentionally.
    I essence, Tiger cheated, and the Masters for some reason (really trying to save from embarressment) allowed it. At that point, Tiger should have DQ'd himself despite the committee's position.

In my view... he's a stinking cheater. those who don't understand the self-policing nature of golf would not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Can someone actually explain why a scoring card is even needed? lol

The PGA is pretty heavily montired obviouisly. Whats with the BS formality of a score card? lol

Can you imagine if Eli Manning had to log his yardage after every pass? lol
    Because golf is different. You must sign an accurate scorecard for your score to count.
    In golf, you are responsible to police yourself. If you accidentally hit your ball and move it an inch and no one sees it, you MUST call it on yourself. Its a game of absolute honor.

In other words, golf is better than any sport. If for no other reason than this.

Because golf is different. You must sign an accurate scorecard for your score to count.
    In golf, you are responsible to police yourself. If you accidentally hit your ball and move it an inch and no one sees it, you MUST call it on yourself. Its a game of absolute honor.

In other words, golf is better than any sport. If for no other reason than this.
    Golf isn't a sport. It's an old man hobby.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Not in this case. He hit his third shot in the water. (BTW it was a horrible break, he hit the pin and it bounced back into the water). So he has 2 options. He can drop the ball back where he hit from (coming as close as possible to the spot he hit from, now hitting his 5th shot (3rd shot plus penalty for hitting into a water hazard) or he can take the spot where it enetered the hazard, and he can go back as far as he wants, keeping the point of entry between him and the pin. He chose option 1, but was confused and moved 2 yards back to give himself a better yardage. He then hit a nice shot and made 6. But not dropping as close as possible to the previous spot was a 2 stroke violation.

Now.....He signed his scorecard giving him a 6 on that hole, where he really made an 8. signing an incorrect scorecard is a DQ. There is a new rule from 2 years ago where the committee can review and has discretion. All because fans call in to point out a rule question. The committee realized that Tiger had violated the rule when they heard his interview saying that he played his 5th shot 2 yards back from the original shot. And that he did it intentionally.
    The new rulke SHOULD NOT protect him there since he intentionally dropped it further back.
    He should have DQ'd himself once he realized this after he signed his scorecard. If he had dropped it 2 yards behind thinking he was at the original spot, the new rule would protect him. But he admitted that he did it intentionally.
    I essence, Tiger cheated, and the Masters for some reason (really trying to save from embarressment) allowed it. At that point, Tiger should have DQ'd himself despite the committee's position.

In my view... he's a stinking cheater. those who don't understand the self-policing nature of golf would not understand.
    oh we get it, but common sense would tell you that he shouldn't of been DQ'd. ESPECIALLY since the video was first referred by the officials and saw nothing wrong wtih it. The only reason he got caught was because in a post interview he said he did it not knowing the rules.

#Tiger4President
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread