Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Well thats a good thing, but on the national stage like the Masters theres more at stake. Are you really against a ref on each hole or for each player at the professional level? The guys that play with you who cheated may be banned but a guy like Tiger, nothing will happen, maybe a fine. The media and golf enthusiasts will have their opinions but thats it.
    In terms of popularity and exposure, golf is the bottom of the barrell...does anyone think the PGA is going to do ANYTHING to jeopardize the the reputations of one of their star players? Not a ****ing chance. If anything they should be changing their model to attract more attention to the game with a positive spin. I'd be a good target group. There's nothing interesting to me about PGA golf, or golf in general. do you think I'd watch it knowing the superstars were being banned and DQd? lol, i dont think so, TIM!!
    Last edited by JPizzack; 04-15-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

New York Giants WR Victor Cruz not in Attendance at Team's Offseason Program

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    In terms of popularity and exposure, golf is the bottom of the barrell...does anyone think the PGA is going to do ANYTHING to jeopardize the the reputations of one of their star players? Not a ****ing chance. If anything they should be changing their model to attract more attention to the game with a positive spin. I'd be a good target group. There's nothing interesting to me about PGA golf, or gold in general. do you think I'd watch it knowing the superstars were being banned and DQd? lol, i dont think so, TIM!!
    hmmm I dont know. Its an international sport.
    No flipping way.

hmmm I dont know. Its an international sport.
    No flipping way.
    that's only kind of accurate. Because it's not like THAT many people play in the PGA.

why are we even talking about this? holy ****.

draft is SOOOOOON!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

What the hell is a PGA? Sounds massively boring.

Well thats a good thing, but on the national stage like the Masters theres more at stake. Are you really against a ref on each hole or for each player at the professional level? The guys that play with you who cheated may be banned but a guy like Tiger, nothing will happen, maybe a fine. The media and golf enthusiasts will have their opinions but thats it.
    He's not getting a fine. he was given permission to stay in the tournament by the Masters committee. Plus, that's not how golf works.
    You guys continue to equate golf to any other sports......... You can't.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    that's only kind of accurate. Because it's not like THAT many people play in the PGA.

why are we even talking about this? holy ****.

draft is SOOOOOON!!
    More people play golf in this country than any other sport. And there is no close second.
    That's why there is so much interest.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    More people play golf in this country than any other sport. And there is no close second.
    lol that's because it's not an organized sport short of amateur/pro tours. It's not like I can say "I'm gonna go join a baseball team"....doesn't work that way.

based on what you just said, waking up Sunday at 6am and going out to play 18 holes "makes you a golfer".....which is laughable.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

People play golf for fun. I can guarantee if you ask the whole population if they even give a **** about watching real golf, they'd probably say they don't.

He's not getting a fine. he was given permission to stay in the tournament by the Masters committee. Plus, that's not how golf works.
    You guys continue to equate golf to any other sports......... You can't.
    I dont believe I am. I dont see how putting a ref at every hole for pro tournaments would effect golf in a negative way. While there are many stand up players Im sure theres just as many who will cheat to win no matter the cost, like Tiger.