Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    you called me out in a post today as if I was buying everything that is being reported.... that's just not true all I ever said right from the get go was that I believed that there is some truth to what is being reported ....no more no less... Your the one bringing in all the rest of this **** ...what the hell man
    I really don't think I was "calling you out". I directed my post to you and Dez because we were talking about it yesterday and your view was that these reports had some credibility.
    I say they don't have much at all. At least not any that cite specific numbers being discussed in contract negotiations. That can't be known.

Plus its the friggin off season. We can discuss how much Eli sucks once the season starts.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    But I did.

Mara HIMSELF came out and said he would make Cruz a very rich young man. $7 million, 3 years.

There are random sources being reported saying totally different and conflicting things. None of which are confirmed. I don't believe those reports.
    Which was reported...I have no problem with you not wanting to believe random sources ....I'm trying to make a simple point that some of what is being reported it true ...you adding in all the rest of the stuff as if you think I believe everything I've read .....

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really don't think I was "calling you out". I directed my post to you and Dez because we were talking about it yesterday and your view was that these reports had some credibility.
    I say they don't have much at all. At least not any that cite specific numbers being discussed in contract negotiations. That can't be known.

Plus its the friggin off season. We can discuss how much Eli sucks once the season starts.
    I made the simple statement that some of what is being reported is true....I never mentioned numbers or said I believed any of those reports ....maybe calling out was the wrong way to say it..."Directed your post may have been better"...I don't mean to stifle discussion....so I'll say it again Not all of what we read is un-true !
    Last edited by byron; 04-16-2013 at 08:20 PM.

I made the simple statement that some of what is being reported is true....I never mentioned numbers or said I believed any of those reports ....maybe calling out was the wrong way to say it..."Directed your post may have been better"...I don't mean to stifle discussion....so I'll say it again Not all of what we read is un-true !
    Well put it this way....all the reporting about the numbers is not based on any real information by anyone who's in a position to know.

I'm not saying none of it is true. I'm saying its speculation. I'm speculating that the Giants have offered him something like $28MM over 5 years with about $12M guaranteed. I may be right but its just a guess. I didn't get that from anyone involved in the negotiations. So someone else does the same thing on one of these websites and Dez posts it and states it as if its solid reporting.
    That's my point.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well put it this way....all the reporting about the numbers is not based on any real information by anyone who's in a position to know.

I'm not saying none of it is true. I'm saying its speculation. I'm speculating that the Giants have offered him something like $28MM over 5 years with about $12M guaranteed. I may be right but its just a guess. I didn't get that from anyone involved in the negotiations. So someone else does the same thing on one of these websites and Dez posts it and states it as if its solid reporting.
    That's my point.
    Well the other day I thought Dez was basically just stating the some of it had to be true but here nor there...I doubt he signs for anything less than 7 mil average and I'm torn on the years....In my thinking the G money needs to come off the front end of any deal...and that money plus base, Ideally is what you think "as the boss" your gonna get back in production barring anything catastrophic....the old honest days pay for an honest days work.. Fair consideration for the risks that playing football has to be built in to that price...so it comes down to this what is a slot receiver worth add in any extras Cruz may bring to the table make a fair offer..... I know I'm crazy but if I'm paying I need to get my moneys worth....Couple months ago I thought a 5mil might do it so much for that.....Do you really the there is any solid reporting left in any media....Its become a guessing game imho to much focus on drama and bull****
    Last edited by byron; 04-16-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Well the other day I thought Dez was basically just stating the some of it had to be true but here nor there...I doubt he signs for anything less than 7 mil average and I'm torn on the years....In my thinking the G money needs to come off the front end of any deal...and that money plus base, Ideally is what you think "as the boss" your gonna get back in production barring anything catastrophic....the old honest days pay for an honest days work.. Fair consideration for the risks that playing football has to be built in to that price...so it comes down to this what is a slot receiver worth add in any extras Cruz may bring to the table make a fair offer..... I know I'm crazy but if I'm paying I need to get my moneys worth....Couple months ago I thought a 5mil might do it so much for that.....Do you really the there is any solid reporting left in any media....Its become a guessing game imho to much focus on drama and bull****
    There are definitely some solid reporters, who report on the NFL. Shefter is definitely one of them. A couple guys from NFLN as well. But these aren't the sources reporting on "numbers" being discussed in the Victor Cruz thing. As a matter of fact, Shefter himself is saying that no one knows what the numbers are.
    When a solid reporter, resists the temptation to throw out numbers and actually says..."I don't know", that has to be taken seriously.

I mean Dez comes out and says that the report of the Giants offering 3 years and $21MM was "proven true".
    It has? How?
    Maybe the team DID make that offer. But how on earth has it been "proven to be true?"
    That's the kind of thing that bugs me.

Well Rudy I really don't care one way or the other , all I ever said from the beginning was that some of what is being reported is true... J Mara himself said that the offer would make Cruz a very rich young man...Do you not believe that report ? And if you do am I not right when I say that there is some truth in what is being reported ....just one example but there is other stuff out there....
    i tend to lean with moorehead on this topic and say that we all really don't know **** about whats going on and to listen to these reports are just something to pass the time.

And while if I was forced to choose to believe Mara or not, i would. But one thing to keep in mind is that when we were going through this with Steve Smith, Mara had something similiar and Smith completely denied it. So I don't know. It would be weird for me if this happened twice.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    But I did.

Mara HIMSELF came out and said he would make Cruz a very rich young man. $7 million, 3 years.

There are random sources being reported saying totally different and conflicting things. None of which are confirmed. I don't believe those reports.
    i didn't see the article where Mara quoted numbers?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Mara himself said 7 mill 3 years. Whats that add up too. 21 mill. I believe Mara over any of you, Steve Smith, MH, whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Mara himself said 7 mill 3 years. Whats that add up too. 21 mill. I believe Mara over any of you, Steve Smith, MH, whoever.
    Well duh, you should..that's probably the only guy you should believe, than those anonymous sources.
    Uh..go Giants?