+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    hmmm I think Id go with Fluker. You?
    I'm torn between Fluker and Werner. Werner would really enhance the D line rotation and be a great eventual replacement for Tuck.
    I suppose I would draft Fluker if they both are there. Fluker is a prototypical RT and could really be a guy we could put in there right away.
    And its all about protecting the QB right now on offense. We have weapons all over the place.
    I would prefer Werner IF we signed a good vet RT like Winston though. That's the best scenario. But without a vet RT, I say Fluker.

BUT...I think JR will draft Werner over Fluker, based on his resistance to draft O line in round 1.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm torn between Fluker and Werner. Werner would really enhance the D line rotation and be a great eventual replacement for Tuck.
    I suppose I would draft Fluker if they both are there. Fluker is a prototypical RT and could really be a guy we could put in there right away.
    And its all about protecting the QB right now on offense. We have weapons all over the place.
    I would prefer Werner IF we signed a good vet RT like Winston though. That's the best scenario. But without a vet RT, I say Fluker.

BUT...I think JR will draft Werner over Fluker, based on his resistance to draft O line in round 1.
    I think Werner is gone before he gets to us.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I think Werner is gone before he gets to us.
    I thought I saw you say that before but I'd say its much better than 50/50 that he's still there.
    The 5 O linemen will be gone and everyone wants pass rushers early. Werner is more of a LDE who isn't considered a great pass rusher.
    Not sure you're right about that but draft rarely go as planned.

I thought I saw you say that before but I'd say its much better than 50/50 that he's still there.
    The 5 O linemen will be gone and everyone wants pass rushers early. Werner is more of a LDE who isn't considered a great pass rusher.
    Not sure you're right about that but draft rarely go as planned.
    they never do.

yea, to be honest, i dont care, cuz i'd be happy with any of the players discussed. I'd like an impact LB one of these day, but apparently we dont do that kind of thing.....you know....get good LBs......?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

they never do.

yea, to be honest, i dont care, cuz i'd be happy with any of the players discussed. I'd like an impact LB one of these day, but apparently we dont do that kind of thing.....you know....get good LBs......?
    Just no one there at LB at 19. Teo is a bad match for NY and Ogeltree has bust written all over him.
    Its about protecting the QB and getting to the QB. That's how football works these days.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodes drop with everyone trying to get pass rushers.

And I have a feeling that 2 QB's will be gone by 19 as well.

Just no one there at LB at 19. Teo is a bad match for NY and Ogeltree has bust written all over him.
    Its about protecting the QB and getting to the QB. That's how football works these days.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodes drop with everyone trying to get pass rushers.

And I have a feeling that 2 QB's will be gone by 19 as well.
    the jets should draft one =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I have a feeling they are using one of those picks on a QB. Maybe Mingo and Geno Smith. They could go for one of the tackles if they fall.

They really should all kidding aside. Sanchez is not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    They really should all kidding aside. Sanchez is not the answer
    I think there is actually a chance that they will eat the $8MM and cut him before the season starts. I can see Garrard as the starter and a guy like Geno as the understudy.
    Its a new regime there now. Only Rex is left. And really, he's been a pretty decent HC. The FO has been a nightmare though.

Banned
    I have a feeling they are using one of those picks on a QB. Maybe Mingo and Geno Smith. They could go for one of the tackles if they fall.
    They should go QB/CB but they will more than likely waste their 2 first rounders.

+ Reply to Thread